IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Wiki wiki wiki!, BZoo wiki appealing?
Rating  5
Fanbased biograpgy
D'ya want one?
Yay [ 15 ] ** [93.75%]
Nay [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Chris
post Apr 29 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1

I contimplated the idea of having a fan written Biography, as maybe the one we have [ http://www.babylonzoo.net/biography/ ] is a little out of date though relatively detailed. It'd be nice to have more up to date info, details maybe on where the songs have/are being used, etc, possible as a sub page from the main biography. Things like that.

So, yay or nay. And would anyone(s) like to collaberate and write it? Credits will be given, of course. I guess it's like Wikipedia style, but I know the dedicated fans here could write a far more indepth bio than I could. smile.gif

Also, I can't guarentee it'll be posted 100% as is - I might reword lines for gramatical purposes, or layout purposes, or just to better split things up into pages. And I can't gurentee it will always feature on this site. I might not be webmaster forever, or the site may change substantially, who knows. But on a positive note, I'm pretty sure it'll remain.

And this is just a poll. Don't get writing yet. I'd still like to recode the site itself at some point so I'm not sure when the best time to start work is if people wanted to do it.

This post has been edited by Chris: Apr 29 2006, 07:04 AM
Steph J
post May 3 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Sorry i forgot to post this earlier. I'm interested but i don't know if my BZ knowledge can surpass Accadia and Hona's impressive mines of mental information wink.gif lol probably better off without my input

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
Chris
post May 25 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Someone actually replied to me! And I didn't notice for over two weeks! I'm a bad webmaster, I should get a good beating from you all tongue.gif

I imagine everyone has a little piece of unique information they could contribute to the idea. For example, I can tell people that... uhhh... Jas has outstanding PPL airplay income left unclaimed! That's pretty exciting news.

Okay, so who would be interested in writing it moreover? I can't reallllly make it an open wikipedia as such, where everyone can edit it. I always reckon someone will like, abuse that sort of system, as I'm paranoid. But what I could do is give those interested in writing it a forum where they can work on it together and I'll publish it or.... or.... or.... a single post all people involved in writing it can all edit. Depends how group orientated you want it to be.
Livingston
post May 15 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 88

It'same, Mario!

Okay, so hopefully that got your attention. Seems the overall support was actually for this idea, and I think it's cool. So would you all still be interested in a dedicated wiki for Babylon Zoo where you're free to create as many quality articles on BZoo as you like? You guys have infinite knowledge and it would be great to have the internet recording it permanently wink.gif

feeling it worth a mention though- I wouldn't be the guy in charge, and this website wouldn't be taking any credit. it'd be all your project, I'd just install it. I can think of a few folk who'd be great, appointed at the top, for "quality control" - and who'd do better than I can dream to smile.gif

does anyone have much experience in wiki creating/organizing/editing, though?

This post has been edited by Livingston: May 15 2007, 12:58 PM
loser kid
post May 15 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

i'm a active wikipedian, and i created about 90% of the BZ discography. but i really copy/paste some stuff and know a few of the other tricks.
Livingston
post May 16 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

glad to know there's at least one, as it'll be critical of course of it does go ahead! anyone else who can or would like to see this idea go ahead?

I see the idea of the bzoo wiki taking in a whole range of things. albums, singles, biography, pre-bzoo, post bzoo, maybe articles/interviews, biographies on those he worked with (ie, Clive Black?). can't think of anything else at the moment, but there's bound to be a lot more.

andrew
post May 17 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Livingston @ May 17 2007, 12:44 AM)

glad to know there's at least one, as it'll be critical of course of it does go ahead! anyone else who can or would like to see this idea go ahead?

I see the idea of the bzoo wiki taking in a whole range of things. albums, singles, biography, pre-bzoo, post bzoo, maybe articles/interviews, biographies on those he worked with (ie, Clive Black?). can't think of anything else at the moment, but there's bound to be a lot more.

I can see it going ahead and i would try my best to add to it as much as possible please do this with all the info e.t.c it would all be possible. plus anyone who hasn't voted yet please vote yes!
Mikkaelson
post May 18 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

I voted yes as my knowledge of BZoo is next to nothing so it would be helpful even for me. I just like the music.

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
quiet rob
post May 18 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

QUOTE(Mikkaelson @ May 18 2007, 12:30 PM)

I voted yes as my knowledge of BZoo is next to nothing so it would be helpful even for me. I just like the music.

Patronising fun fact for Mikkaelson: Jas was in a band called the Sandkings. Go listen! tongue.gif
Livingston
post May 20 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I'll leave it open for vote just a little longer, as I don't want to land all the project at a few people's feet or anything. So if anyone else is interested, please let me know here or via a PM (I can't tell who voted or for what reason) wink.gif

it'd probably be hosted at wiki.babylonzoo.net for now, if no-one objects (just planning in advance either way).
andrew
post May 20 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Livingston @ May 20 2007, 04:51 AM)

I'll leave it open for vote just a little longer, as I don't want to land all the project at a few people's feet or anything. So if anyone else is interested, please let me know here or via a PM (I can't tell who voted or for what reason) wink.gif

it'd probably be hosted at wiki.babylonzoo.net for now, if no-one objects (just planning in advance either way).

cant wait! cool im up for it happening asap!
suicide
post May 20 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 93

great idea! i have a bit of info i can offer

--------------------
IPB Image
Livingston
post Jun 12 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

14 votes, it's pretty conclusive. I promise I'll get around to this soon and have it up and running.
Livingston
post Jun 14 2007, 03:17 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

I haven't forgotten about this, rest assured. My stubborness caused a slight delay, combined with a brainwave which reduced the delay slightly. Confused? Well I certainly was blink.gif
Livingston
post Jun 14 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

But delayed again! This one is the mother of all delays. wiki needs PHP5 for reasons completely unknown to me (and I'm sure it could actually still run on PHP4, it's just they've chosen to use certain PHP5 only functions).

Well, I'm sure I can do a work around, or get my server upgraded to PHP5.
Livingston
post Jun 14 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

After a nightmarish experience updating PHP4 to PHP5 myself, and having CPanel destroy more or less my entire server configuration (... why.. why do I have to rely on crappy software...) it's back on track for the next day or two.