IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> some personal memories of BZ
Thilo
post Jun 28 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 724

Hey,

I'm a new member here. It's great to see this BZ-forum.

Back in early 1996 I was 15 and very excited of 'Spaceman' when it first came up to my ears. It smashed through the terrible german techno-invasion in the mid-90s. The single 'Spaceman' wasn't hard to get in shops as it peaked the charts in DE, but I never found any albums by BZ in shops here. What made it so rare (even in the biggest stores in Berlin)?
However, I got my own 'TBWTXRE' during a trip to London late in november 1996. Same with 'King Kong Groover', which I bought in Brussels in spring 1999. Last year's "The 100 best one hit wonders" broadcasted on german TV included a shortcut of BZ's 'Spaceman'... just forgot at which "peak" position it was. I think introducing BZ as one hit wonder is underrating BZ at all. The music industry probably thinks in narrow-minded categories.... sad to see.

cheers.
Thilo
Christelle
post Jun 28 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 719

Welcome Thilo on the site of Babylon Zoo.
Christelle
post Jun 28 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 719

Welcome Thilo on the site of Babylon Zoo.
I agree with you his it's songs are envoutantes.
Thilo
post Jun 28 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 724

Hey Christelle, thank you.

looking through the download area here I found the strange BZ-version of 'Cosmic Dancer'. It seems Jas Mann was influenced by some music from the 70s. Furthermore, this version sounds very close the way Marc Bolan arranged it in 1971.
Insomnia
post Jun 28 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

Hi Thilo, welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your memories of BZ with us! smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online