IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Forum Registration Disabled
Insomnia
post Apr 24 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

Forum registration has been temporarily disabled, the primary reason being the excessive amount of spam accounts being created (thanks to Accadia for keeping on top of this, though!). I'm going to attempt to make some updates to the CAPTCHA or integrate the registration process with a check against Stop Forum Spam

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that will be successful given that the latest registrations would have come up all clear but are still spammers! In the mean time, if you want to take part in the community, write me an email via the contact forum and I'll get you a pass in to make an account wink.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Insomnia
post Apr 27 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

I work across a broad range of forums - and unfortunately I've learned the techniques I've implemented still aren't enough to deal with the spam registrations hitting them, and it's the same kind which has been hitting here. It's becoming a serious headache. I may move to User + Admin validation if I can't come up with any other solution. Registrations will be disabled for a few more days, unfortunately.

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online