IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

3 Pages  < 1 2 3 >  
> Insomnia's Thoughts and Activities
andrew
post Jun 23 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jun 22 2009, 11:36 PM)

Still alive, I come with a quick update:

My graphic designer friend seems very out of contact lately. We've worked on web projects together for the last eight years; I miss him a great deal as you might figure. I imagine it is rather like a musician losing a band member they work closely with. It's never quite the same. For those reasons, I will probably defer the Confused Art makeover at least for a little while smile.gif

I've thought of several things I'd like to do with the main site though. One of those is consistency. The news page looks different from the article page, article pages have random images that have nothing to do with them, the layout and headings on the music pages are all over the place. And so it goes on.

Also something I spoke of, but the HTML/CSS stylesheets are terribly inconsistent too. That aspect doesn't matter a great deal, but I'd like to improve it anyway.

More content, more articles, better grouping of pages, updating some images or design elements I dislike or that feel out of place, better CSS/HTML. A short list smile.gif

I'll get around to responding to individual comments tomorrow, I hope. My life isn't entirely busy, but there's some difficult personal situations that are certainly managing to keep my attention and energies. My apologies for this. As ever though, I'm still here. Adding things is on my mind.

Thats ok you do a great job. the fact you have so much time and care for the forum in the first place is inspirational
raspberryman
post Jun 23 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Agreed, it's great that this website feels so much more alive these days. smile.gif

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Insomnia
post Jun 24 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

I'm getting a new mouse and keyboard. That may help reignite some extra enthusiasm! Why would a new mouse and keyboard make a difference? The left button on my mouse is wearing out. Single clicks are often getting interpreted as double clicks. It's causing my to accidentally highlight text when trying to click somewhere on screen, causing problems when I try to organize files around, and even clicking the fast-reply button took me several attempts before it finally stayed open!

I'm unlikely to make any updates until it has arrived. It was dispatched today, so I hope it comes by Friday smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Insomnia
post Jun 25 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Mouse has not yet arrived! It'd better come tomorrow!

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Christelle
post Jun 25 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 719

I am antousiaste to see the updates which you will make. me too my keyboard has letters which disappear. biggrin.gif
Christelle
post Jun 26 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Small question when we buy the music of Babylon Zoo on amazon is what Jaz Mann still gains some money?

Michael Jackson peace has her soul
andrew
post Jun 26 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Christelle @ Jun 26 2009, 09:21 AM)

Small question when we buy the music of Babylon Zoo on amazon is what Jaz Mann still gains some money?

Michael Jackson peace has her soul

jas gains no money from it the seller on amazon does. we just buy them from there because we like his music.
Christelle
post Jun 26 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

OK yes I also like his music but I thought that he got some money because he makes songs. I do not find it normal that Amazon does not put back to him anything. Even if it is just a little. As I do not know much about the world of the music...
Insomnia
post Jun 26 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

If you buy a digital download of any song on Amazon, I think he will get a small cut of this. I can't be 100% certain without speaking to them directly. Amazon would certainly have to give a cut of the royalties to whoever gave permission to distribute it (the record companies, generally speaking) and they most likely have to give a cut to the copyright holder of the music (probably Jas).

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Christelle
post Jun 26 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Thank you for your answer
bringbackbzoo
post Jun 27 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 675

I wonder if Spaceman was re-released if it would again top the charts for a whole new generation,I honestly think it would,the video is good enough too that after all these years it's one that you just have to stop and take notice of...

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
raspberryman
post Jun 28 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Perhaps if it was remixed, yes. Not like an "untz untz untz" Cascada sort of thing though, something a bit more intelligent.

--------------------

accadia
post Jun 28 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

A Spaceman re-release would be awesome.

--------------------
Insomnia
post Jun 29 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

I was thinking about that lately. Basically, we need to convince 500,000 people to download the MP3 and it should re-enter the singles chart at #1.... Okay, I don't know how to go about making this happen but I like to dream!

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Christelle
post Jun 30 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Account 1 person: me! In which site must I go and which single?
andrew
post Jun 30 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jun 29 2009, 11:15 PM)

I was thinking about that lately. Basically, we need to convince 500,000 people to download the MP3 and it should re-enter the singles chart at #1.... Okay, I don't know how to go about making this happen but I like to dream!

start a facebook group dedicated to the cause spread the word on here, start a myspace group, every group get bands like parasite to offer a £2 discount on their cd's if people agree to download it ummmm and get someone with a lot of money to buy 500000 copies of it. Oh and if you ever meet chris moyles ask him to help maybe try texting into radio 1 suggest your mission e.t.c
drunkalfuzzyness
post Jun 30 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

QUOTE(andrew @ Jun 22 2009, 12:07 PM)

it will pick up one day though. you should have a donations part where people can donate if everyone donated £3 it would help things
now i think about it it is strange how ive been here from 2006 and since ive been here ive had millions of random people trying to get to know me making out their like the biggest bzoo fans ever then they disapear from the face of the earth. Some have stuck around throughout, me, rasperryman, rob, accaida e.t.c but some just come make out like their more bzoo mad than anyone on this plannet then their gone !?!? :S
ohhh another thought while im on a roll. could we have a spell check facility seing as my spelling is crap and sometimes I might want to appear more educated expecially if we get some amazingly hot supermodels from fhm hoin the forum (i can dream)

i would donate more than 3 quid smile.gif
and iv only just joined but i am here to stay.
good ideas.

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jun 25 2009, 06:19 PM)

Mouse has not yet arrived! It'd better come tomorrow!

dam that parcelforce!

QUOTE(andrew @ Jun 26 2009, 03:32 PM)

jas gains no money from it the seller on amazon does. we just buy them from there because we like his music.

thats reely anoing. id like to know that he gets at least a little bit of money nowadays.

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Jun 27 2009, 09:10 PM)

I wonder if Spaceman was re-released if it would again top the charts for a whole new generation,I honestly think it would,the video is good enough too that after all these years it's one that you just have to stop and take notice of...

if i was in a band it would be one of the first songs i would want to perform. there has been one band that have it released on an album (not sure if it was a single), it was Cinema Bizarre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4zgKKE6dI

its no way near as good as the original haha. but its good to know new musicisions remember BZOO.
Insomnia
post Jun 30 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

I love the ideas you're coming up with guys! I may seem a little inactive over the next few days (or week). Reasons on my Facebook. But I'm not abandoning you, just a major flare up of some issues to resolve smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
raspberryman
post Jul 1 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Jun 27 2009, 09:10 PM)

Yep I just did, it was on just now at number 11 on "top 50 biggest selling brit hits of the 90s". Higher than "Angels" and "Say You'll be There" ha ha!

--------------------

Insomnia
post Jul 3 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

It's all terribly quiet! sad.gif I'll try to get back to posting a little more soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online

3 Pages  < 1 2 3 >