IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

7 Pages   1 2 3 > »   
> Cold Clockwork Doll
Zoopavaris
post Dec 17 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

So here is the topic to talk about the next Bzoo album... If this album will arrive one day... rolleyes.gif

I mean, it's really strange, the working title has been announced for ages now, and we still have nothing new about this hypothetic album... No news from Jas or from any music website... That's strange... So :

- What do you expect for this album ?

- Is there any release date to come ?

- What will be the Music compagny for this album ? Hub Records ? Did they already release a real cd or just some small mp3 on their website ?

- Do we know how this album will be sold ? By internet only ? In a real CD with package, or some copyrighted and protected mp3 ?

--------------------
My websites :
http://zoopavaris.free.fr : my own collection of BZoo cds
http://www.nightwish.fr : the official french fan club & website of Nightwish.
http://www.lacrimosa.fr : the french website of Lacrimosa.
accadia
post Dec 17 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I don't really have an idea of what this album will sound like. All I expect to hear is the words a load of us sent to include in the lyrics.
I thought the label releasing it would be Jas's own, Hub Records. And it would be released commercially, whereas the Mariachi Static album wouldn't... but who knows?!

--------------------
Glitter dancer in the dark
post Dec 17 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18

I just expect that this next album is as good or better than his first work, but hope it comes true and that's not another pantomime done by a bastard surfer! smile.gif
Chris
post Dec 18 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Zoopavaris @ Dec 17 2005, 10:38 AM)

So here is the topic to talk about the next Bzoo album... If this album will arrive one day... rolleyes.gif

I mean, it's really strange, the working title has been announced for ages now, and we still have nothing new about this hypothetic album... No news from Jas or from any music website... That's strange... So :

- What will be the Music compagny for this album ? Hub Records ? Did they already release a real cd or just some small mp3 on their website ?

- Do we know how this album will be sold ? By internet only ? In a real CD with package, or some copyrighted and protected mp3 ?

Ooo, great topic! Yes the lack of news is a little concerning, but I did write an email to Hub Records recently. I hope I hear back from them soon and have some good news to post up on the website!

Hmm, I expect the sound to be a mix of TBWTXE and KKG. Something modern sounding yet still with a spacy feel. I imagine it will be released under Hub Records, or maybe under Hub Records but with the backing of a more major record company (I think Mark Owen released his last album under his own label, but it also had backing from a major record company).

I'm hoping they'll sell it by real CD, as copy protected MP3s are just nightmarish. I'd be disappointed if they went for MP3 only. But maybe Jas himself hasn't even decided some of these things yet.

As far as I know, the last thing officially released by Jas was KKG with EMI. Then there was the song released on a small internet record label (I fail to remember the name of it), and a few freely available tracks on Hub Records.

I'm still confused though. I thought the reason Jas was dropping the name BZoo was due to copyright problems regarding EMI and such. mellow.gif
Zoopavaris
post Dec 18 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 18 2005, 01:49 AM)

Then there was the song released on a small internet record label (I fail to remember the name of it), and a few freely available tracks on Hub Records.

blink.gif For the song released on a small internet record label, i guess you're talking about "Love Lies Bleeding", but what about these "few freely available tracks on Hub Records" ?

I saw on their website that there was a Babylon Zoo song player, but I never saw any available songs. Did I miss something ?

--------------------
My websites :
Mikkaelson
post Dec 18 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 18 2005, 12:49 AM)
I'm still confused though. I thought the reason Jas was dropping the name BZoo was due to copyright problems regarding EMI and such. mellow.gif

Can anyone tell me the reason as to why Babylon Zoo and EMI parted ways??? Jas Mann signed like... a five album deal which obviously never saw its conclusion.

What was the dispute over exactley???

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
Steph J
post Dec 18 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Mikkaelson @ Dec 18 2005, 12:19 PM)

Can anyone tell me the reason as to why Babylon Zoo and EMI parted ways??? Jas Mann signed like... a five album deal which obviously never saw its conclusion.

What was the dispute over exactley???

I even heard it was a 7 album deal tongue.gif

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
Zoopavaris
post Dec 18 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Yes it was a 7 album deal, but TBWTXRY hasn't been a huge success, and KKG was a flop, so EMI decided to cancel their deal with Babylon Zoo.

--------------------
My websites :
Steph J
post Dec 18 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Jas doesn't need EMI anyway. He'll be more successful without them.. me hopes wink.gif

--------------------
Chris
post Dec 18 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

As far as I remember, it wasn't so much EMI cancelling the deal but they decided to keep him signed but wouldn't release any new material. Basically it means if he came up with some work they really liked, they'd release it, but otherwise he'd be writing and producing music for nothing more or less.

Unfortunately record companies can be very controlling that way. Rightly so, Jas took up some legal action against them to get freed from the record deal.

I'd have to check my document notes about it though tongue.gif
accadia
post Dec 18 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Babylon Zoo and EMI parted company in July 1999. BZ hadn't been dropped by the label but neither was there any plans to release any more singles. So Jas had to part with EMI in order to move forward, which he did after involving the record company's lawyers.

The contract that was signed with EMI was worth £800,000, incidentally.

--------------------
alexzoo
post Dec 19 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 23

Hi everybody!
what about Bzoo!!!??? I've sent an email at about 2 months ago to HubRecords and I haven't received anything! So, Jas told that "2005" it would have been the year of the new project.blink.gif I've lost the hope.
Alex
Maddy
post Dec 19 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Well I've read something on the net that is quite recent and new, I need to search again to post the ACTUAL fact, because i'm not sure of the name. Hold on. I'm coming back.

EDIT : Ok, here it is :
http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:gZSBRI...bylon+zoo&hl=fr

Nell McAndrew apparently recorded something with Jas, did anyone know about this? Does anyone know more about this?

Yes it was a 7 album deal, but TBWTXRY hasn't been a huge success, and KKG was a flop, so EMI decided to cancel their deal with Babylon Zoo.

Oh my god, what a bunch of shallow people only expecting for dirty big money, they just want people to buy crap music, and wanted to kill Jas' music, so that his soul is for sale, right?
When people talk about BZoo around, they say they're a "band of ONE success" just like pop music or Britney, I don't like this at all.
Fuck EMI biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Maddy: Dec 19 2005, 02:37 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)
accadia
post Dec 19 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Maddy @ Dec 19 2005, 02:41 PM)

Nell McAndrew apparently recorded something with Jas, did anyone know about this? Does anyone know more about this?

This was quite a few years ago now. The following is taken from The Sun webchat thing:
"I have actually been recording some material with Jas Mann from Babylon Zoo. I've known him for a few years and we always used to joke about working together.
Whenever I've had a few days free throughout this year I've been going over to his studio in Paris and recording songs. We've now got ten tracks on CD and it is a case of waiting to see if something happens with it. If nothing happens then I don't mind as I am really proud of it.
To just have a friend like Jas, who is so talented, writing songs for you is amazing. There is no way I could have turned him down. It is a great opportunity that I couldn't resist. He wrote the songs and the CD was produced by Jas and a guy in Paris. It is all original material."

--------------------
Steph J
post Dec 19 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I'm leaning towards the possibilty that the new material will sound similar to the Mariachi Static music we have already heard. Or maybe it'll be a bit glam rocky like KKG. Jas likes T.Rex, and i can see that influence in his music. I really hope my word will be on the album.."Dreamer". If Jas gets that in there, i'll be overjoyed biggrin.gif

2005 he said!! 2005! He's got 12 days left so he'd better get a move on. tongue.gif

I hope it'll be a real CD. It was the new Mariachi Static music that was going to be released as internet-only

--------------------
Chris
post Dec 19 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

With only 12 days to go, he certainly is cutting it fine. Maybe it was a typo and he meant 2006? tongue.gif

I could probably wait another year to get new BZoo material, if it's release at the right time and makes a great comeback (wouldn't that be swell? We can dream).
raspberryman
post Dec 23 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

EMI = Every Mistake Imaginable

2006 will be a good year for music, let's hope Jas adds himself to the melting pot of this late-noughties shakedown.
PS my word was "parasitic".

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Chris
post Dec 27 2005, 11:24 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Oooh yea, I forgot about that song with all the words. Was reading over the news articles, certainly sounds intriguing. Poor Jas having to work all those words into a song, you probably caused him so many difficulties the entire BZoo album had to be delayed tongue.gif
Steph J
post Dec 28 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

3 days and counting..... wink.gif

--------------------
Maddy
post Dec 28 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

I've got my fingers crossed to get to hear news soon....

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)

7 Pages   1 2 3 > »