IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Spaceman (the prodigy remix)?
zumo
post Feb 26 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58

Hi. Does anyone know if Liam Howlet has ever worked on a remix of "spaceman"? It should be an un-released track, so its rather hard to find out, but i hope that someone here knows. Maybe a rare promo excists that got scraped for the retail release, or it is from a whitelabel?
Hona
post Feb 27 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45

Wow. I think I've never heard of this? blink.gif
Or I don't remember... huh.gif

--------------------
There's a fire between us
So where is your God
There's a fire between us
I can't get off the carousel
I can't get off this world
loser kid
post Feb 27 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

dunno where you got that info. The prodigy never did a remix of Spaceman.
zumo
post Feb 27 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #4

i know nothing has ever been released. Just wondered if anyone knew if liam had been hired to do one, but never got used.

the thing is, someone posted this tune on a prodigy forum. Liam's laptop, that he uses on the road to make tunes on, broke down during a show. A couple of weeks later, someone wrote that he got something from the laptops harddrive, and Liam made the reply "idiot", and the thread was deleted! Liam has never before posted on the forum, and topics are rarely deleted, so i thought maybe theres a chance that it isnt total bulcrap, since it got him so wound up. 99% chance that it is tho biggrin.gif

have a listen anyways: s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1E8QS3TYJXISD0Y2N9WQUK1PU8

This post has been edited by zumo: Feb 27 2006, 11:58 AM
loser kid
post Feb 27 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

hmmm interesting.. does sound pretty prod, but i can't imagine Liam doing the remix, I think some fan as has got the speeded up version some idiot had made, and stole some prodigy beats biggrin.gif
accadia
post Feb 27 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It sounds like it could have been done by Hixxy who does happy hardcore. I also don't think Liam Howlett would have been involved in this remix, as it's kind of poor.

--------------------
zumo
post Feb 27 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #7

well, ol Liam has had his off days aswell (theoreticly it could be why this remix got binned). Does sound kinda prodigyish with "experience" era breakbeats and synths.
Anyways i see your point. From a producing and technical viewpoint, it isnt to well done. And liam left the experience style way back in 1994, and spaceman is 2 years older than that.
loser kid
post Feb 28 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

I think its some guy attempting to bismerch (i think i spelt it right) The prodigy name