IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Wonderstuff question., In '11 appauling promos' is that a...
Project Cyclops
post Jan 28 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

I'm a big Wonderstuff fan and got some videos for xmas this year, just in case any other fans here I got me an odd question.

In the video collection of old Wonderstuff songs, '11 appauling promos' is that a Sandkings t-shirt the bass player is wearing during a live performance? I know the bands toured together and were good friends from an old NME article.

Also, in the Wonderstuff film, Welcome to the Cheap Seats, any mention of the Sandkings at all? I've got it but haven't had the chance to watch it as my flatmate is only watching olf KLF videos and won't let me. sad.gif

Cheers!
accadia
post Jan 28 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Did the T-shirt look like this?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
quiet rob
post Jan 29 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

I have that very video (11 appauling promos) sitting in my bedroom closet! Will watch it later and see if I spot anything SK related.

This post has been edited by quiet rob: Mar 10 2007, 05:43 PM
Project Cyclops
post Jan 30 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Jan 28 2007, 08:43 PM)

Did the T-shirt look like this?

I think it had the Sandkings logo on it, the one that's on their record sleaves? I re-watched it last night and I'm pretty sure it says 'The Sandkings' on it under the logo. If it is a SK t-shirt then hats off to the Wonderstuff for representing.

I also gather they're still touring with only Miles Hunt from the old line-up, i'll have to go see them if they come up to Scotland.
rydo
post Apr 8 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

your making me dizzzzy my head is spinninggggg!!! like a whirlpool it never endssssss...and its you girl thats making it spinnnnn...your making ME DIZZY!!!!
Project Cyclops
post Jul 22 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rydo @ Apr 8 2007, 01:12 PM)

your making me dizzzzy my head is spinninggggg!!! like a whirlpool it never endssssss...and its you girl thats making it spinnnnn...your making ME DIZZY!!!!

Went to the gig in Glasgow and the bastards had cancelled! A testament to Mr Hunt's raging ego, they hadn't sold enough tickets. It's tough enough to get an Edinburgh person to go to Weegieland without that dissapointment.
suicide
post Jul 22 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 93

I saw Miles Hunt a couple of months ago in Wolverhampton as support for The Mission

--------------------
IPB Image