IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Post your favourite quote from Jas, *Another Devestatingly Witty Thread!*
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 5 2008, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 675

Choose from below options or come up with one of your own...

1) "I knew I wouldn't survive with this attitude unless it was through self-expression, through art and presentation, through media exposure"

2) "I had nobody, not one friend, just me and my parents"
3) "It's important to get chatted up because it makes you feel fantastic"

4) [regarding The Sandkings] "We were producing rubbish. We ended up as a mish-
mash of crap"

5) "I couldn't be a postman or anything. This is my roll in life, but I don't think I'm superior"

6) "Oh don't worry" Jas smile.gif "We can stop time. You haven't seen the machine I've got in my pocket"

7) "i'd like to be a leopard for all its grace and beauty" wink.gif [Jas on the subject of reincarnation]

I think the funniest is number 6) LOL What a great sense of humour!

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
amanda
post Oct 5 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 669

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 5 2008, 02:34 AM)

Choose from below options or come up with one of your own...

1) "I knew I wouldn't survive with this attitude unless it was through self-expression, through art and presentation, through media exposure" rolleyes.gif

2) "I had nobody, not one friend, just me and my parents" cool.gif

3) "It's important to get chatted up because it makes you feel fantastic" biggrin.gif

4) [regarding The Sandkings] "We were producing rubbish. We ended up as a mish-
mash of crap" unsure.gif

5) "I couldn't e a postman or anything. This is my roll in life, but I don't think I'm superior" laugh.gif

6) "Oh don't worry" Jas smile.gif "We can stop time. You haven't seen the machine I've got in my pocket" ohmy.gif

7) "i'd like to be a leopard for all its grace and beauty" wink.gif [Jas on the subject of reincarnation]
I think the funniest is number 6) LOL What a great sense of humour!
i like 6 and 7
quiet rob
post Oct 10 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 678

[regarding The Sandkings] "We were producing rubbish. We ended up as a mish-
mash of crap"

Sandkings were so not a mish mash of crap!! :-O He's only saying that cos it wasn't HIS band.

I've heard an musing rumour regarding the Sandkings but i'm not saying anything cos it's probably rubbish... *ahem*
accadia
post Oct 10 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Oct 10 2008, 07:46 PM)

I've heard an musing rumour regarding the Sandkings but i'm not saying anything cos it's probably rubbish... *ahem*

Is it a rude rumour? wink.gif

--------------------
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 11 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Oct 10 2008, 09:05 PM)

Is it a rude rumour? wink.gif

Oh do tell! Email me! I didn't think they were bad at all, would go to see a concert/show even if Jas wasn't invloved,are they getting back together again or something? That'd be worth a look. cool.gif

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 11 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Oct 10 2008, 07:46 PM)

[regarding The Sandkings] "We were producing rubbish. We ended up as a mish-
mash of crap"

Sandkings were so not a mish mash of crap!! :-O He's only saying that cos it wasn't HIS band.

Yea the Sandkings were good...but I think you're either a fan of that music or you lean more toward the electronica and stuff of Jas. It's Jas all the way for me tongue.gif ..It's clear he had song writing ability beyond that group- I mean Fire Guided Light is totally original-If he had continued on TBWTXE line and not got distracted by britpop (oasis and blah) and continued mixing punjabi intros with english etc... I reckon he would have blown up and been really been critically acclaimed. Bacause shortly after it all fell apart for Jas, Kula Shaker (a bunch of toff boys) who travelled round India, they just ripped of some Indian prayers, and made Govinda and Tattva and they were hailed as the second coming of Christ at the Brit awards...just around that time. BUT THE POINT IS JAS DID IT FIRST cool.gif

--------------------
amanda
post Oct 11 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

jas mann all the way for mee no 1 can beat jas mann
no 1!!!!!!
accadia
post Oct 28 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

"BABYLON ZOO IS A BOAT ON A SEA THAT IS MUSICALLY SPORADIC. IT HITS A TIDAL WAVE AND EVERYTHING FLIES IN THE AIR BUT IT EXCITES ME TO NOT KEEP STEADY CONTROL OF THIS THING; I LIKE TO LET IT GET OUT OF CONTROL SOMETIMES. FEAR BRINGS EXCITEMENT FOR ME."

--------------------
amanda
post Oct 29 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Oct 28 2008, 11:49 AM)

"BABYLON ZOO IS A BOAT ON A SEA THAT IS MUSICALLY SPORADIC. IT HITS A TIDAL WAVE AND EVERYTHING FLIES IN THE AIR BUT IT EXCITES ME TO NOT KEEP STEADY CONTROL OF THIS THING; I LIKE TO LET IT GET OUT OF CONTROL SOMETIMES. FEAR BRINGS EXCITEMENT FOR ME."

? lol huh.gif
Lord-Shiva
post Oct 30 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 11 2008, 10:18 AM)

Yea the Sandkings were good...but I think you're either a fan of that music or you lean more toward the electronica and stuff of Jas. It's Jas all the way for me tongue.gif ..It's clear he had song writing ability beyond that group- I mean Fire Guided Light is totally original-If he had continued on TBWTXE line and not got distracted by britpop (oasis and blah) and continued mixing punjabi intros with english etc... I reckon he would have blown up and been really been critically acclaimed. Bacause shortly after it all fell apart for Jas, Kula Shaker (a bunch of toff boys) who travelled round India, they just ripped of some Indian prayers, and made Govinda and Tattva and they were hailed as the second coming of Christ at the Brit awards...just around that time. BUT THE POINT IS JAS DID IT FIRST cool.gif

biggrin.gif I do like Kula Shaker actually. Have 2 Albums.
Well i know they are follower of the Hare Krishna cult. That's were all the indian infulence comes from. But i don't mind it. (I used to go to Hare Krishna Temples in the past laugh.gif i liked it back then, but i wasn't crazy about it) I'm well past that Hippie period now.
And they're back this year with a new Album. Haven't got it yet, but i will.

I like most of the Sandkings songs, but also his other music.
(BZ was his baby) So of course he loved it more.

I'm not stuck in one musical direction.
It would have been cool if he'd worked with Talvin Singh (i've got one of his Cd's), when there was a talk about working together. I mean he could still do it.
I like modern music mixed together with indian tunes.
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 30 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Oct 30 2008, 02:34 PM)

biggrin.gif I do like Kula Shaker actually. Have 2 Albums.
Well i know they are follower of the Hare Krishna cult. That's were all the indian infulence comes from. But i don't mind it. (I used to go to Hare Krishna Temples in the past laugh.gif i liked it back then, but i wasn't crazy about it) I'm well past that Hippie period now.
And they're back this year with a new Album. Haven't got it yet, but i will.

I like most of the Sandkings songs, but also his other music.
(BZ was his baby) So of course he loved it more.

I'm not stuck in one musical direction.
It would have been cool if he'd worked with Talvin Singh (i've got one of his Cd's), when there was a talk about working together. I mean he could still do it.
I like modern music mixed together with indian tunes.

I dunno-I like what Kula Shaker tried to do-but it was TOTAL plaguerism-the individuality of Jas-and the fact that he mixed styles first-I just didn't warm to them because Jas basically outshone them 1 billion to zero for me.

I still think he should have done more Punjabi-English songs.

--------------------
amanda
post Oct 31 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

lol biggrin.gif
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 15 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

This one is from the Q&A with Jas from a few years back.

"Beauty is a subjective thing, i definatley don't see myself as being handsome, everyone can look good with success and makeup but at the end it means nothing unless you have something to say. Beauty fades but words are immortal"

The last sentence is my favourite part. He sounds like an wise indian (Native American).

I collect phylosphical quotations/latin phrases, so i added Jas' to my collection.

One of my favourites for example is Francis Bacon's famous "Knowledge itself is power"/"scientia potentia est"

or "If you know how to use money, money is your slave; if you don't, money is your master"/"pecunia, si uti scis, ancilla est; si nescis, domina" Written on an old Latin tablet in downtown Verona (Italy)

I'll get those and a few others as tattoos, ....one day. rolleyes.gif

I used to write a few myself, of course not in latin. biggrin.gif I'm not that much of a smartass tongue.gif

I can write them here if anyone is interest. I know it's not everyone's tea. mellow.gif
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 19 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 15 2008, 09:59 AM)

This one is from the Q&A with Jas from a few years back.

"Beauty is a subjective thing, i definatley don't see myself as being handsome, everyone can look good with success and makeup but at the end it means nothing unless you have something to say. Beauty fades but words are immortal"

The last sentence is my favourite part. He sounds like an wise indian (Native American).

I collect phylosphical quotations/latin phrases, so i added Jas' to my collection.

One of my favourites for example is Francis Bacon's famous "Knowledge itself is power"/"scientia potentia est"

or "If you know how to use money, money is your slave; if you don't, money is your master"/"pecunia, si uti scis, ancilla est; si nescis, domina" Written on an old Latin tablet in downtown Verona (Italy)

I'll get those and a few others as tattoos, ....one day. rolleyes.gif

I used to write a few myself, of course not in latin. biggrin.gif I'm not that much of a smartass tongue.gif

I can write them here if anyone is interest. I know it's not everyone's tea. mellow.gif

Jeez....I Hope his beauty doesn't fade tongue.gif Maybe I'm being selfish here tongue.gif But like I hope he goes down the gym every so often and doesn't become an FBI (fat bellied indian) biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 21 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 20 2008, 01:38 AM)

Jeez....I Hope his beauty doesn't fade tongue.gif Maybe I'm being selfish here tongue.gif But like I hope he goes down the gym every so often and doesn't become an FBI (fat bellied indian) biggrin.gif

I really wouldn't mind, it's still Jas. wub.gif Doesn't change anything for me.

Talking about him, i had a dream about Jas last night. Finally, after a long while!

I loved it. Hub Records was up again with another section, the Photo Diary he said he would do. And he had the dreadlocks he was talking abut aswell. There was a new Album and Tour. I met him again in my dream clap.gif but he didn't had a lot of time, he seemed to be in a rush. At least i could to say Hi and had a quick chat.
He had to go and said Good Bye and then my dream was over! mad.gif biggrin.gif
I wish that would come true.
amanda
post Nov 21 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

ive never seen a fat indian person i think its coz of all the curry they eat
Gina
post Nov 21 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

QUOTE(amanda @ Nov 21 2008, 06:02 PM)

I hate curry schmoll.gif

--------------------
Spies looking into my window I watch
Spies they're watching us tonight...
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 22 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(amanda @ Nov 21 2008, 08:02 PM)

Oh believe me i have.
And as Nikita said, they tend to put weight on around their belly. biggrin.gif
Indians don't just eat Curry you know. rolleyes.gif
They also have very sugary desserts and sweets.
My favourites are Barfi and Gulab Jamun, i also love Mango Lassi as a drink.
I used to order that stuff all the time from my local indian restaurant in Vienna, but the Indian Take Aways don't do that stuff here, how boring!
And there is no Indian shops around were i live. To be honest, i haven't even seen one yet. There are days when i wish i'd live in London.

bringbackbzoo
post Nov 22 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 22 2008, 04:02 PM)

Oh believe me i have.
And as Nikita said, they tend to put weight on around their belly. biggrin.gif
Indians don't just eat Curry you know. rolleyes.gif
They also have very sugary desserts and sweets.
My favourites are Barfi and Gulab Jamun, i also love Mango Lassi as a drink.
I used to order that stuff all the time from my local indian restaurant in Vienna, but the Indian Take Aways don't do that stuff here, how boring!
And there is no Indian shops around were i live. To be honest, i haven't even seen one yet. There are days when i wish i'd live in London.

Yeah there are a few F.B.I.'s out there! tongue.gif
I know at least 2 dozen of them-the main thing is the roti,for breakfast,lunch,snacks,dinner, it's soooo fattening biggrin.gif

Anyone remember that movie Annie? There was a character called "Punjab" LOL
He isn't even Indian! huh.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
amanda
post Nov 22 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

blink.gif never knew that