IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Jas - a pioneer in the internet age?
Insomnia
post Jun 16 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

Lots of stars are really getting in to internet communication now. Twitter, for instance, is incredibly popular with many famous faces signing up and telling us about their lives. And before this? Some would update their website with what we assume is personally written messages.

But cast your mind back to the days of ConfusedArt and the Guestbook. Jas was apparently involved with getting ConfusedArt relaunched when Love Lies Bleeding was released. There were also claims of him posting on the Guestbook several times. Hard to believe it was nine years ago, but what a pioneer! Who else was that willing to embrace the internet and a new way to interact with fans nearly a decade ago?

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
drunkalfuzzyness
post Jun 17 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 698

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jun 16 2009, 08:59 PM)

Lots of stars are really getting in to internet communication now. Twitter, for instance, is incredibly popular with many famous faces signing up and telling us about their lives. And before this? Some would update their website with what we assume is personally written messages.

But cast your mind back to the days of ConfusedArt and the Guestbook. Jas was apparently involved with getting ConfusedArt relaunched when Love Lies Bleeding was released. There were also claims of him posting on the Guestbook several times. Hard to believe it was nine years ago, but what a pioneer! Who else was that willing to embrace the internet and a new way to interact with fans nearly a decade ago?

im going to sound like an idiot but what was ConfussedArt? I know its a track on The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes and thik it sounds reely cool.. one of my favs actually.. mainly because it reminds me of my art.
raspberryman
post Jun 17 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

He was certainly one of the early innovators. There can't be many artists who actually did download-only singles that long ago. The Shamen and the Rolling Stones were the earliest innovators (the latter if only for being the first to web-stream a gig, the former were really ahead of their time, see nemeton.com) but Jas can't be that far behind.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Insomnia
post Jun 17 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

QUOTE(drunkalfuzzyness @ Jun 17 2009, 04:14 PM)

im going to sound like an idiot but what was ConfussedArt? I know its a track on The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes and thik it sounds reely cool.. one of my favs actually.. mainly because it reminds me of my art.

www.confusedart.com - one of the longest running BZoo sites on the net!

It's part of this site (Babylon Zoo Online), these days. It could use a make over to bring it in to the 21st century. It's still on my to-do list smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
raspberryman
post Jun 18 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

That was how I found this board in the first place. smile.gif

Interesting reading though that sight again, I didn't know he'd recorded a version of "I'm Gonna Make you a Star". I wonder if that'll ever turn up anywhere?

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
drunkalfuzzyness
post Jun 20 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Jun 18 2009, 02:51 PM)

That was how I found this board in the first place. smile.gif

well i found it by typing Babylon Zoo into google, its one of the first sites that appeared. Hey Confused Art site is quite cool. was that Jas's art as one of the top borders? if you do a revamp of the site it should have his art in the background and stuff :]