IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> BZWiki goes live!
Rating  5
Livingston
post Jun 15 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

Yep, I actually did something! Not a big amount of something, but at least the wiki is online and working - I think. I'll try adding to it soon, my main priority has been getting it online and running smile.gif

http://wiki.babylonzoo.net/
andrew
post Jun 16 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Livingston @ Jun 15 2007, 08:03 PM)

Yep, I actually did something! Not a big amount of something, but at least the wiki is online and working - I think. I'll try adding to it soon, my main priority has been getting it online and running smile.gif

http://wiki.babylonzoo.net/

Thats why your the best man for this job! you get brilliant results biggrin.gif cant wait till it starts shaping up (or my spelling improves what ever happens first)
suicide
post Jun 17 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 93

what's the difference between this and a normal wikipedia page?

--------------------
IPB Image
Livingston
post Jun 18 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

In a sense, nothing! It still has the same way of categorizing things, posting up information, etc. However, hopefully by having it completely dedicated to BZoo a lot more information can be posted up by anyone who wants to contribute. Past and present history, articles, interviews, alternative album/single covers, anything you like so long as it all ties into BZoo and a BZ article.

I guess it's like a website which can be built by fans, but with something like wikipedia, they wouldn't really be interested in articles about Jas being posted, or interviews, etc. Just a citation generally, or at most an odd quote or two.

At least, I hope that's what will make this different. Now you're making me nervous... blink.gif mellow.gif
andrew
post Jul 7 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

whats going on with this?
Livingston
post Jul 7 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Well, it's online and anyone can contribute to it and add articles. Right now (given time outside of other commitments) I'm trying to work out a rough structure of categories and an entrance page with key information easily accessible which will hopefully encourage people to contribute smile.gif
suicide
post Jul 8 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I'll contribute once it has been better established though I'm not great at HTML codes- I did make the Babylon Zoo charts table on Wikipedia though!

--------------------
IPB Image
Livingston
post Jul 12 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Should be soon, I have a doodle of the things I'd like to see for the main page which should sorta give everyone a great help to the structure/content of the thing. Sorry I've not done it quicker, I've been a little distracted.. mostly day dreaming smile.gif
suicide
post Aug 5 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Muse wiki (http://www.musewiki.org/MuseWiki) is a great example of a wiki done well, it could be used for reference

--------------------
IPB Image
Livingston
post Feb 18 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

If there's any Wiki experts kicking about who wouldn't mind taking on the project, let me know. I'd happily set someone's account to admin for the wiki so they can head the project.
amanda
post Aug 1 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 669

QUOTE(Livingston @ Feb 18 2008, 02:34 PM)

If there's any Wiki experts kicking about who wouldn't mind taking on the project, let me know. I'd happily set someone's account to admin for the wiki so they can head the project.

I dont know if im a wiki expert but i dont mind
saintkitten
post Nov 2 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 679

haha i just exposed myself there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Livingston
post Nov 17 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

This is still a project I intended to see going ahead. Unfortunately Chris is rather MIA these days after a computer failure - that's also caused a fair amount of lost email and things. And it seems my time distribution just doesn't cut it for running websites any more. Hopefully I'll be able to bring in others to do the wiki, or to at least get back to site maintaining/etc.