IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Babylon Zoo Online's future, As I see things
Insomnia
post May 24 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

Did I really call this place "Babylon Zoo Network" in a recent update? I'm fairly sure I did!

Someone recently commented wondering if this site may just not exist when they come to check some day. I feel it's an important question. I've seen many websites disappear over the years, websites I used to like visiting. I've also seen websites slowly decay as the fan base moves away and all interest in maintaining the project becomes lost. It's not a good sight.

Here's the future of the website as I see things:

There are no plans to close this website. The financial situation behind the scenes (with my wallet) is fine for the moment. If things continue along the same path, I foresee this website existing for years to come. I hope we have a new layout somewhere down the line too although I'm satisfied with the site currently!

Content:

I would like to add more. Truly. I will do my best to add whatever content comes my way from now on, rather than letting it slip my mind and completely forgetting about it.

There's also a site project which has long been forgotten about, but that I also have control of. It's called Confused Art - I bet everyone remembers it fondly. It was the first Babylon Zoo website I came across when I first used the internet to check what one of my all time favourite artists was doing.

I'd like to give it a face lift before the end of the year. This depends on my free time. It would be easier, again, if I had good contact with a graphic designer available to draw up fantastic designs.

Confused Art isn't likely to gain new content, but I'd prefer it if it didn't look like it had just stepped out of 1998 smile.gif

For anyone worried about losing the classic look and the memories associated with it, don't worry. I'll continue hosting that too.

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Christelle
post May 25 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 719

I say to you one thank you to redo to live the Web site and also to pay him(it) to your expenses. I am satisfied that the site does not close. You made some very good work. Another enormous Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

From my part I began the blog (it is in construction for the moment), I shall make it in French because I am really bad with English. I shall put the link of the site above. And can I take the bio to put it on the blog and some other articles which I shall put in French please? I shall put the words of the songs of babylon Zoo and shall translate them into French. Here is it is all that I can make, has side of this site.
accadia
post Jul 20 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Shouldn't this topic be in the News forum?

--------------------
Lord-Shiva
post Jul 21 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(Insomnia @ May 24 2009, 11:15 PM)

Did I really call this place "Babylon Zoo Network" in a recent update? I'm fairly sure I did!

Someone recently commented wondering if this site may just not exist when they come to check some day. I feel it's an important question. I've seen many websites disappear over the years, websites I used to like visiting. I've also seen websites slowly decay as the fan base moves away and all interest in maintaining the project becomes lost. It's not a good sight.

Here's the future of the website as I see things:

There are no plans to close this website. The financial situation behind the scenes (with my wallet) is fine for the moment. If things continue along the same path, I foresee this website existing for years to come. I hope we have a new layout somewhere down the line too although I'm satisfied with the site currently!

Content:

I would like to add more. Truly. I will do my best to add whatever content comes my way from now on, rather than letting it slip my mind and completely forgetting about it.
There's also a site project which has long been forgotten about, but that I also have control of. It's called Confused Art - I bet everyone remembers it fondly. It was the first Babylon Zoo website I came across when I first used the internet to check what one of my all time favourite artists was doing.

I'd like to give it a face lift before the end of the year. This depends on my free time. It would be easier, again, if I had good contact with a graphic designer available to draw up fantastic designs.

Confused Art isn't likely to gain new content, but I'd prefer it if it didn't look like it had just stepped out of 1998 smile.gif

For anyone worried about losing the classic look and the memories associated with it, don't worry. I'll continue hosting that too.

I really like the idea of revamping Confused Art, i always thought it was overdue for a facelift that old baby biggrin.gif

I'm quite excited about the future look of both Websites. It's great you can keep both sites up. I'm still a bit sad that i had to give mine up.

I found out too late that people would have been interested in keeping it for me. Well, well can't do anything about it now. Don't know if i ever could get my domain back. For anyone who can't remember it was babylonzoo.org

I gave it up because i had no internet access for such a long time and not even a Computer for more than a year. And at the end i couldn't afford a site i can't use.
I might get the corpse back from it's grave one day, who knows. wink.gif I don't rule it out!
The main thing would be getting that domain back! I wouldn't like to create a new one.

Don't know what everyone else thinks about that idea.

You're looking for a Graphic Designer hmm? I will ask around for you, i might be able to find someone. Preferable a BZ Fan of course.
And i haven't forgotten about the Videoclips, just didn't get around to do it yet. Still have to check if i can actually copy them from the Cd i have.
Insomnia
post Jul 25 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Jul 21 2009, 07:12 PM)

I really like the idea of revamping Confused Art, i always thought it was overdue for a facelift that old baby biggrin.gif

I'm quite excited about the future look of both Websites. It's great you can keep both sites up. I'm still a bit sad that i had to give mine up.

I found out too late that people would have been interested in keeping it for me. Well, well can't do anything about it now. Don't know if i ever could get my domain back. For anyone who can't remember it was babylonzoo.org

I gave it up because i had no internet access for such a long time and not even a Computer for more than a year. And at the end i couldn't afford a site i can't use.
I might get the corpse back from it's grave one day, who knows. wink.gif I don't rule it out!
The main thing would be getting that domain back! I wouldn't like to create a new one.

Don't know what everyone else thinks about that idea.

You're looking for a Graphic Designer hmm? I will ask around for you, i might be able to find someone. Preferable a BZ Fan of course.
And i haven't forgotten about the Videoclips, just didn't get around to do it yet. Still have to check if i can actually copy them from the Cd i have.

I can look into getting the old domain again, but sadly it's incredibly difficult to get back domains that have fallen to domain brokers. Some domains I tried to acquire lately had people interested in charging my rather insane prices. We're talking 10k dollars.

I'm always looking for a graphic designer! I'd like to be best friends with a graphic designer, ideally. It'd have made my web development life so much more enjoyable. biggrin.gif I have been friends with a graphic designer and web developer for some 8 years, but for whatever reason he's disappeared lately and I've not been able to get in contact. sad.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
Christelle
post Jul 26 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 719

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jul 25 2009, 06:18 PM)

I can look into getting the old domain again, but sadly it's incredibly difficult to get back domains that have fallen to domain brokers. Some domains I tried to acquire lately had people interested in charging my rather insane prices. We're talking 10k dollars.

I'm always looking for a graphic designer! I'd like to be best friends with a graphic designer, ideally. It'd have made my web development life so much more enjoyable. biggrin.gif I have been friends with a graphic designer and web developer for some 8 years, but for whatever reason he's disappeared lately and I've not been able to get in contact. sad.gif

Hello, I didnt't know what's a graphic designer, I have searched on the net. And I understood ah! This is a person who mastery indeed Photoshop the web sites creation.

I know persons in my family. But the problem is that if I ask them something, it's like if I asked to reach the moon to me. I have my cousin that I had not seen since 6 years which work in the computing. The problem: I do not know if he understands English. And he hasn't not too much time and in September he will be in formation (I dont really understand but it's about compter . And I don't know if he know something about graphic. designs. I can always ask him but I promises you nothing.

Me, my blog is not finished because at the moment I have not too much the time because I work. Even if I work at home it is not easy because I just have one computer for 2.
Lord-Shiva
post Jul 26 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jul 25 2009, 07:18 PM)

I know. Mine only cost me 12 Euros. So if they want anything more than that, it's a rip off.
Mhh some people just take the piss.
I also think hubrecords.com and babylonzoo.com both should be in Fans or Jas' hands, no one else.

Yeah we'll see if i can get you in touch with the 2 people i've got in mind. They are actually on Facebook and you're on there too. I'll give you a link through there, to their profiles, see if they are willing to help you. They are registered here too, but you know how it is not everyone's coming here every single day. You could wait for ages to get a reply these days.
drunkalfuzzyness
post Sep 28 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Jul 26 2009, 09:55 PM)

You could wait for ages to get a reply these days.

I know that Jas did art.. is there any way of getting his artwork onto the site??
that would be incredible!!
i dont know what he made.. space type things probs hehe.

im on here most days having a look around.. shame more people dont i guess.