IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

6 Pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
> Tribute Album, remember?
mimiihu
post Dec 12 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

gee guys, didn't expect you would really like it that much!
thanks a lot for your support!

actually is kind of a tricky song for the punk rock genre being the most difficult part to write, that psychedelic part where jaz sings "babylon zoo" with the funky keyboard line.
but i'm used to write all our songs including the instruments i can't even play (drums, guitar solos, keyboards...) so in the end, i think it didn't turn out so bad.

i hope this is the right step for you guys to finish your songs... rolleyes.gif
i wonder what jas would say about our "tribute album"...
Zinfandel
post Jan 31 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 657

this thread is old but...is there anymore covers of bz out there? would be so cool to hear it! (btw i hated the kovenants version of spaceman to. i think the vocals are just horrible. xD) i'd really like to hear more coversongs because my band is playing som of bz's songs also smile.gif thumbsup2.gif
andrew
post Feb 4 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Zinfandel @ Jan 31 2008, 12:13 AM)

this thread is old but...is there anymore covers of bz out there? would be so cool to hear it! (btw i hated the kovenants version of spaceman to. i think the vocals are just horrible. xD) i'd really like to hear more coversongs because my band is playing som of bz's songs also smile.gif thumbsup2.gif

I was looking forward to this album to be finished and burning it all on a cd but i guess things just changed. the punk spaceman cover was magical!!
NigellaFlowers
post Feb 5 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 658

Hello everyone ,new to this site x smile.gif
raspberryman
post Feb 5 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Hiya! smile.gif

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
accadia
post Feb 5 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Ola!

--------------------
raspberryman
post Oct 29 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

OK, here's the old thread back from the dead.
If we can get enough songs together and if enough of you are willing put in a bit of dosh then we could get some CDs made up and then Jas will HAVE to take note! he he. I can get 50 copies done for about £95, although we may then get sued for copying all the songs... Unless someone tracks Jas down and gets his permission... They'd be good quality CDs too, you only have to see how lovely my latest album looks to see that (what do you mean you haven't got a copy? go to www.parasiteofficial.co.uk and enter the shoppy shop! They're cheap...).

ANYWAY...

Adam Scanlon (oh that's me!) - I'm Cracking Up I Need A Pill
Sat On A Cat - Spaceman
Saint Kitten - Is Your Soul For Sale?
Adam Scanlon (again) - Swing (which I might redo cos it doesn't sound very good in retrospect)

And ones mentioned and presumably never made/finished:
sephirot - Caffeine
dance-commanda - Stereo Superstar
loser kid - Is Your Soul For Sale?
Steph - Metal Vision/Parallel Lines
Mikkaelson - Don't Feed The Animals (you know now you've said it you have to do it ;P)

Plus John should really do some techno mashup version of something really...

Anyone I've missed?

Oh and I'm thinking about doing "Girl In A Shell", but I might ruin it for Nikita evermore... tongue.gif

Someone should do a Mariachi Static one.

--------------------

accadia
post Oct 29 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Maybe I imagined it, but I thought someone mentioned doing a cover of Animal Army.

--------------------
amanda
post Oct 29 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 669

QUOTE(NigellaFlowers @ Feb 5 2008, 06:26 PM)

Hello everyone ,new to this site x smile.gif

hello
pleese feel free to talk smile.gif
Antares Hijra
post Oct 29 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 105

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Oct 29 2008, 10:56 AM)

If we can get enough songs together and if enough of you are willing put in a bit of dosh then we could get some CDs made up and then Jas will HAVE to take note! he he. I can get 50 copies done for about £95, although we may then get sued for copying all the songs... Unless someone tracks Jas down and gets his permission... They'd be good quality CDs too, you only have to see how lovely my latest album looks to see that (what do you mean you haven't got a copy? go to www.parasiteofficial.co.uk and enter the shoppy shop! They're cheap...).

ANYWAY...

Sat On A Cat - Spaceman
Adam Scanlon (again) - Swing (which I might redo cos it doesn't sound very good in retrospect)

sephirot - Caffeine
Mikkaelson - Don't Feed The Animals (you know now you've said it you have to do it ;P)

Anyone I've missed?

Oh and I'm thinking about doing "Girl In A Shell", but I might ruin it for Nikita evermore... tongue.gif

Ehem...ehem...I think you've missed my cover idea, mate...hehehe...My choice was and IS "Zodiac Sign"...but hey, little by little... wink.gif

--------------------
A vicious appetite
It visits me each night
And won't be satisfied
Won't be denied
An unbearable pain
A beating in my brain
That leaves the mark of cain
Right here inside...
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 29 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 675

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Oct 29 2008, 10:56 AM)

ANYWAY...

Sat On A Cat - Spaceman

sephirot - Caffeine

Anyone I've missed?

Yeah someone should do Friction!(Piste03) r whatever it's called!

>>>Oh and I'm thinking about doing "Girl In A Shell", but I might ruin it for Nikita >>>evermore... tongue.gif

I would love an alternative version to girl in a shell, keep it a bit melancholy and soft,it reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins song Luna, I love that kind of sound. biggrin.gif

Oh and I'll donate 250£ to the making of this tribute album, everyone get going on it! I'm so excited clap.gif

Set up a paypal account and email account or something:
email:
babylonzootributealbum@yahoo.co.uk
paypal:

I'm ready to donate, so whoever wants to take charge, and select 5 people to share the passwords to make sure nobody runs off with the donation money, I trust you,Gina,Lord Shiva (Christine),and Accadia anyway with the passwords so what do you think?

It would be SO COOL if this happened cool.gif

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
Gina
post Oct 29 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

okay,i really dont understand,that how do you want to do this Tribute Album....but anyway im in too =)

--------------------
Spies looking into my window I watch
Spies they're watching us tonight...
raspberryman
post Oct 30 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 29 2008, 09:41 PM)

Yeah someone should do Friction!(Piste03) r whatever it's called!

>>>Oh and I'm thinking about doing "Girl In A Shell", but I might ruin it for Nikita >>>evermore... tongue.gif

I would love an alternative version to girl in a shell, keep it a bit melancholy and soft,it reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins song Luna, I love that kind of sound. biggrin.gif

Oh and I'll donate 250£ to the making of this tribute album, everyone get going on it! I'm so excited clap.gif

Set up a paypal account and email account or something:
email:
paypal:

I'm ready to donate, so whoever wants to take charge, and select 5 people to share the passwords to make sure nobody runs off with the donation money, I trust you,Gina,Lord Shiva (Christine),and Accadia anyway with the passwords so what do you think?

It would be SO COOL if this happened cool.gif

Sweet. Well 250 is more than enough, I was just thinking if everyone put in a fiver or so we could probably do it. We need the songs first though. Glad there's still interest. smile.gif

--------------------

Lord-Shiva
post Oct 30 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Oct 30 2008, 01:32 PM)

Sweet. Well 250 is more than enough, I was just thinking if everyone put in a fiver or so we could probably do it. We need the songs first though. Glad there's still interest. smile.gif

I think i can remember i've done 2 or 3 songs in the past, but i haven't got them anymore. That was still on the old Forum from 2004/05 i think.
Sadly i can't record anything now dry.gif Bugger.
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 30 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 675

QUOTE(Gina @ Oct 29 2008, 11:12 PM)

okay,i really dont understand,that how do you want to do this Tribute Album....but anyway im in too =)

Me in particular (I have no talent for singing!) I'm just the happy camper waiting for all the talented people to put all their talents on a CD, It's a great idea I think, Have you heard Saint Kitten's version of Is Your Soul For Sale?- She's fantastic-can't wait for more,

You're all such a talented bunch of people on here! Yay! Glad you're in too Gina.

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Oct 30 2008, 01:30 PM)

I think i can remember i've done 2 or 3 songs in the past, but i haven't got them anymore. That was still on the old Forum from 2004/05 i think.
Sadly i can't record anything now dry.gif Bugger.

I would LOVE to have heard your versions sad.gif so sad they're lost in cyberspace sad.gif

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
saintkitten
post Oct 30 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 679

QUOTE(accadia @ Oct 29 2008, 11:57 AM)

Maybe I imagined it, but I thought someone mentioned doing a cover of Animal Army.

I'm doing an Animal Army cover, music is done, just the vocals are left.
In fact, strangely, I begun it even before Is Your Soul for Sale, but still dealing with it.
I think it's a harder song to get it done good.

--------------------
saintkitten
post Oct 30 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

hey, by the way, can somebody help me to reach the other covers?
as everyone has mentioned, there are plenty of them but I can't find any, and I'm curious smile.gif

--------------------
saintkitten
post Oct 30 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 30 2008, 06:17 PM)

Have you heard Saint Kitten's version of Is Your Soul For Sale?- She's fantastic-can't wait for more,

aww, I just saw this.
thank youu wub.gif

--------------------
accadia
post Oct 30 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE(saintkitten @ Oct 30 2008, 09:47 PM)

hey, by the way, can somebody help me to reach the other covers?
as everyone has mentioned, there are plenty of them but I can't find any, and I'm curious smile.gif

Spaceman cover

--------------------
Gina
post Oct 30 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 30 2008, 06:17 PM)

Me in particular (I have no talent for singing!) I'm just the happy camper waiting for all the talented people to put all their talents on a CD, It's a great idea I think, Have you heard Saint Kitten's version of Is Your Soul For Sale?- She's fantastic-can't wait for more,

You're all such a talented bunch of people on here! Yay! Glad you're in too Gina.
I would LOVE to have heard your versions sad.gif so sad they're lost in cyberspace sad.gif

I reckon that I have a sound and I can sing,i have the spaceman karaoke version,so i'll try to sing on it, I was thinking yet the aroma girl...

--------------------
Spies looking into my window I watch
Spies they're watching us tonight...

6 Pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »