IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Jas on top singles program in the UK?
blackpieceofwhite
post Oct 11 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 743

A relative of mine here in the UK said last week on one of the free view channels they had a program about number 1's in the charts.

He said that Jas Mann was on there talking about how "Spaceman" ruined his career as a musician, because after that song noone took him seriously as a musician.

I am assuming it was new footage, because my relative said Jas Man had long hair, and looked weathered and old on the footage, kind of looking like a hippie apparently.

He couldn't remember the program or channel as Babylon Zoo isn't an interest of his.

I just thought I'd check and see if anyone else saw that program on tv last week in the UK?

accadia
post Oct 11 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Looking through last week's TV guide, it must have been TV Adverts' Greatest Hits (3 October, More 4).
I didn't know it was on, otherwise I would have tuned in.
Gutted I missed it.

--------------------
raspberryman
post Oct 12 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

I think that's a repeat. Pretty sure I've seen that and think it had the fottage where he's wearing a white top. He did look a bit like a hippy. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
blackpieceofwhite
post Oct 12 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #4

ahh see I didn't actually see it myself, is that recent footage of Jas ? Or is it older footage that they've put on a modern program then? Trying to see if anyone's put it up on youtube, not finding anything.
accadia
post Oct 12 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Is it this?
Link

I'd forgotten about this video on youtube. It's pretty old footage, about 7 years old I reckon.

--------------------
quiet rob
post Oct 12 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 678

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVrCyzFAg8...feature=related

Ah yep accadia beat me to it :-P
drunkalfuzzyness
post Oct 13 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

thats funny.. i just watched this again on YouTube.

I wish they did have some new footage. Spaceman didnt ruin his carrear.. we all love him and his work dont we? (note.. im not IN LOVE with him)
blackpieceofwhite
post Oct 13 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #8

I think the point that Jas was getting at by saying it ruined his career:

Was critics wouldn't take him seriously as a musician. Maybe to his fans he was accepted, but to the general public if you mention him to anyone that's not a fan, they say "oh yeah that spaceman guy"

As a musician I think is what he ment. I could be wrong but I did click on that youtube link that people supplied in this thread. Like I said I could be wrong but going by the description of the program that I was told he was on. Jas was suppose to have had long hair and looked like a hippie and had aged a bit. In the link supplied, the program seems like it's the right one, but going by the description that I was given of what Jas looked like it doesn't match up.

Once again I could be wrong I didn't actually see it.

accadia
post Oct 13 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(blackpieceofwhite @ Oct 13 2009, 06:06 PM)

Like I said I could be wrong but going by the description of the program that I was told he was on. Jas was suppose to have had long hair and looked like a hippie and had aged a bit. In the link supplied, the program seems like it's the right one, but going by the description that I was given of what Jas looked like it doesn't match up.

Once again I could be wrong I didn't actually see it.

It's definately the programme your relative said he watched.
But yeah, I wouldn't say Jas looks 'weathered and old' in the footage. blink.gif Maybe I'm biased. biggrin.gif

--------------------
andrew
post Oct 14 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(drunkalfuzzyness @ Oct 13 2009, 03:24 PM)

thats funny.. i just watched this again on YouTube.

I wish they did have some new footage. Spaceman didnt ruin his carrear.. we all love him and his work dont we? (note.. im not IN LOVE with him)

yes, all 8 of us that visit the forum love him. he must be love sick by now
drunkalfuzzyness
post Oct 14 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(andrew @ Oct 14 2009, 03:50 PM)

yes, all 8 of us that visit the forum love him. he must be love sick by now

lol haha!
funny

yeah i see what all of you are saying now.. shame people have looked down on him so much!

you know i reely want to make a documentary about him and BZOO, but its so difficult seeing as he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. someone must know where he lives now!!?
andrew
post Oct 15 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(drunkalfuzzyness @ Oct 14 2009, 10:54 PM)

lol haha!
funny

yeah i see what all of you are saying now.. shame people have looked down on him so much!

you know i reely want to make a documentary about him and BZOO, but its so difficult seeing as he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. someone must know where he lives now!!?

We know everything about him he is getting married to a model but we shouldnt know that it was through snooping and its clear he does not want to know us or be found so.... lets not go there as a lot kicked off when we found out, but to put it bluntly we know where he is and what he is doing and its not music or us.
Dance-Commanda
post Oct 15 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(andrew @ Oct 15 2009, 04:21 PM)

We know everything about him he is getting married to a model but we shouldnt know that it was through snooping and its clear he does not want to know us or be found so.... lets not go there as a lot kicked off when we found out, but to put it bluntly we know where he is and what he is doing and its not music or us.

Wow long time no speak in this thread.. hope you're keeping well!

Interesting I missed out on that, is there a past thread where you found out? I'm rather curious!!
andrew
post Oct 16 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dance-Commanda @ Oct 15 2009, 06:31 PM)

Wow long time no speak in this thread.. hope you're keeping well!

Interesting I missed out on that, is there a past thread where you found out? I'm rather curious!!

yes: http://www.babylonzoo.net/forum/index.php?...c=927&st=40
dont ask for the pictures on the forum infront of everyone though (if anyone still has a copy to share that is, probably not) as they caused a lot of issues and please dont discuss it too much here as the topic is closed but that should give you a bried overview. if you discuss it im sure people dont mind reciving a PM but id advise against doing it publicly. im just showing you this so it no longer looks like he dissapeared.
Dance-Commanda
post Oct 16 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

Thanks man! Pretty much up to date now smile.gif
Christelle
post Oct 18 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 719

dry.gif Who is this guy who judge. I don't see what has the spaceman song with the end of his career. We don't know the reason and « end » is a big word because he is still alive and noone knows what he his preparing.
drunkalfuzzyness
post Oct 18 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Christelle @ Oct 18 2009, 07:25 PM)

dry.gif Who is this guy who judge. I don't see what has the spaceman song with the end of his career. We don't know the reason and « end » is a big word because he is still alive and noone knows what he his preparing.

just some guy off of tv.. no one has ever heard of, i wouldnt take any notice of him.