IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

7 Pages  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
> Cold Clockwork Doll
Maddy
post Nov 5 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Well to respond to rasperryman, there are not only 21 people looking forward to a new BZ album, but thousands and if not dozen thousands of people we don't even know.
A lot of people are nostalgic about this band, but are not registred on there.

He might underscore the number of poeple waiting for his work.

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)
accadia
post Dec 16 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It says on Gay Dad's Wikipedia that Cliff Jones from Gay Dad worked with Jas on Cold Clockwork Doll.
Maybe someone could get in contact with Cliff's management and find out what happened with the album.

--------------------
Mikkaelson
post Dec 16 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(accadia @ Dec 16 2007, 12:47 AM)

Maybe someone could get in contact with Cliff's management and find out what happened with the album.

I nominate Accadia smile.gif

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
accadia
post Dec 16 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Heh, 'someone' being me.
OK, I'll email them and let you know if I hear back from them.

--------------------
krawhitham
post Dec 18 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #105

Member No.: 651

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. I'm from the US and not many people here know Babylon Zoo ever existed, so it's pretty sad. I am a new fan too...I just discovered BZ from YouTube videos, and I think they are amazing!

It's impossible to find their albums here in stores, so I am ordering them online. I hope Jasbinder decides to put out more music in the near future!! He's fantastic.
andrew
post Dec 20 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(krawhitham @ Dec 18 2007, 01:10 AM)

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. I'm from the US and not many people here know Babylon Zoo ever existed, so it's pretty sad. I am a new fan too...I just discovered BZ from YouTube videos, and I think they are amazing!

It's impossible to find their albums here in stores, so I am ordering them online. I hope Jasbinder decides to put out more music in the near future!! He's fantastic.

If you want any copies or dvd's i can do them for you. its not damaging copyright laws as hes out of print i will charge a ting bit of money though. wont make profit just to cover postage and disks through paypal
Mikkaelson
post Dec 22 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

QUOTE(krawhitham @ Dec 18 2007, 01:10 AM)

Welcome. My, the board is getting a new lease of life recently smile.gif

--------------------
rydo
post Dec 22 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Anyone think the harp player from Jamesons Irish Whiskey advert looks like Jas Mann?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=sC63Llx5ZWw
accadia
post Dec 22 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rydo @ Dec 22 2007, 02:58 PM)

Anyone think the harp player from Jamesons Irish Whiskey advert looks like Jas Mann?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=sC63Llx5ZWw

Not really. More like Lenny Kravitz when he had dreads or Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean.

--------------------
accadia
post Jan 3 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Dec 16 2007, 12:47 AM)

It says on Gay Dad's Wikipedia that Cliff Jones from Gay Dad worked with Jas on Cold Clockwork Doll.

I got a reply from Audio Authority, Cliff Jones' management - here it is:

Hi,

Thanks for your email. Apologies for the delay in my response.

I am happy to confirm to you that Cliff has not worked with Jas Mann - nor are there any requests from anyone for his input to anything related to Babylon Zoo or any associated personnel. Sorry about that - it's just twaddle - from who we don't know!

I have no idea if there is another songwriter/producer who shares Cliff's name - or a similar name - but a mix-up between the two is the only other innocent explanation. Alas, I fear more vicarious rumour mongering is responsible!

Sorry to burst the bubble!

Our kindest regards to you and the Babylon Zoo forum users for 2008.

All the best

Tim Hole
Managing Director - Audio Authority Management

--------------------
adialurun
post Jan 4 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #111

Member No.: 653

Thanks Accadia for the info! At least we are now clear on that one. Noticed that it's already been taken off from Wiki.

Trivia - from the official babylon zoo myspace, noticed that Jas no longer uses his commercial name "Jas Mann", instead it's "Jasbinder" only.

Another trivia- if I were to pronounce his full name "Jasbinder", "Jas" would sound like "Just" as in "adjust" (minus the "t" of course), instead of "Jazz". But if it's "Jas Mann", Jas would be "jazz"...hmmm... tongue.gif
Mikkaelson
post Jan 4 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE(adialurun @ Jan 4 2008, 03:23 AM)

Thanks Accadia for the info! At least we are now clear on that one. Noticed that it's already been taken off from Wiki.

Trivia - from the official babylon zoo myspace, noticed that Jas no longer uses his commercial name "Jas Mann", instead it's "Jasbinder" only.

Another trivia- if I were to pronounce his full name "Jasbinder", "Jas" would sound like "Just" as in "adjust" (minus the "t" of course), instead of "Jazz". But if it's "Jas Mann", Jas would be "jazz"...hmmm... tongue.gif

blink.gif

--------------------
Maddy
post Jan 4 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Hum ok, Just, Jazz, Jasbinder or Jas Mann, we don't hear anything new and I'm despaired in hearing new BZ music sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)
Lord-Shiva
post Oct 25 2008, 12:50 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(action/adventure @ May 5 2006, 01:31 AM)

laugh.gif

Unfortunately, I think Chinese Democracy will win.

Maybe Jas has hit a wall. Writers block or something. frusty.gif

Yep there is a confirmed date for G n' Roses new Album. 23rd November for the US and 24th for the UK. So Axl won over Jas. But compared to BZ the Fans had to wait longer, so i don't give up hope.
I know Hub Records doesn't seem to exist anymore and whatever happens with Immortal Features is unknown.

Everything can change if he would get back to us.
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 26 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 675

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Oct 25 2008, 12:50 PM)

Yep there is a confirmed date for G n' Roses new Album. 23rd November for the US and 24th for the UK. So Axl won over Jas. But compared to BZ the Fans had to wait longer, so i don't give up hope.
I know Hub Records doesn't seem to exist anymore and whatever happens with Immortal Features is unknown.

I think he reads about himself here, it's the only place left where he's a star cool.gif

He was always prone to the bizzare behaviour, like almost Michael Jacksonish in
a way:

NORMAL PERSON: "I've been cooped up inside all day" smile.gif

JAS MANN: "This is the only day I haven't stepped outside-I've been sitting in this box all day" huh.gif

He's not the average Joe, he's an international man of mystery (but not a fugly one like Austin Powers biggrin.gif ) That's why we LOVE him.

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
amanda
post Oct 27 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Member No.: 669

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 26 2008, 07:58 PM)

I think he reads about himself here, it's the only place left where he's a star cool.gif

a way:

JAS MANN: "This is the only day I haven't stepped outside-I've been sitting in this box all day" huh.gif

He's not the average Joe, he's an international man of mystery (but not a fugly one like Austin Powers biggrin.gif ) That's why we LOVE him.

lol biggrin.gif
Lord-Shiva
post Oct 27 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Oct 26 2008, 09:58 PM)

a way:

Yep. I don't like "normal" people, not interest. I'm weird myself biggrin.gif but i'm not the sort of person who tries to be difficult.

I do hope he still reads this Forum, 'cos i will always love him in my way. smile.gif As i said years before there is and always be a special place for him in my heart.

I'd love to be proper friends with him. I'd get him to make some music alright biggrin.gif
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 27 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Oct 27 2008, 04:14 PM)

Yep. I don't like "normal" people, not interest. I'm weird myself biggrin.gif but i'm not the sort of person who tries to be difficult.

I do hope he still reads this Forum, 'cos i will always love him in my way. smile.gif As i said years before there is and always be a special place for him in my heart.

I'd love to be proper friends with him. I'd get him to make some music alright biggrin.gif

I'd definately ring the bell if you were with me...
But I "KNOW" my hubbie won't come on some wild goosechase (I'll just not tell him)
tongue.gif
I'm a bit shy, if it was a resendential address...And HE answered the buzzer shock.gif
I'd probably run away with fright/embarrassment or else I'd stutter something crap and die on the spot... rip_1.gif

I could try I suppose-but what shall I say?
"Hi I'm from (this website), buzz me up-I brought Starbucks?" laugh.gif He'd probably call the NYPD!
Godddamit I shouldn't have spent sooooo much time talking about his private parts the last 2 weeks!

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
Mikkaelson
post Oct 28 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Oct 25 2008, 12:50 PM)

Don't forget to cash in on your free Dr Pepper

--------------------
bringbackbzoo
post Oct 28 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mikkaelson @ Oct 28 2008, 02:12 PM)

That's so funny! _
They're down $ for that stoooooopid comment! biggrin.gif
The owner must be 1 helluva Guns and Roses fan tongue.gif

--------------------

7 Pages  « < 4 5 6 7 >