IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

10 Pages  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
> Jas Mann Update.
raspberryman
post Jun 8 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

bugger.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
The Sword of Faith
post Jun 8 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

Just for fun, googling the "Hub Records" gives such thing for example:
http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/hub.records.uk.html
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with THE Hub Records. There are also results concerninig some company under this name in 1946...and something in '80s...

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

I tried phoning the Hub Records UK number, usually all I get the phone ringing out, this time I got a sound as if there was a modem connecting. The call lasted 21 seconds then it went dead. Strange. Does anyone know what that means?
accadia
post Jun 8 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Maybe it was a fax number.

--------------------
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

I thought that but it usually just rings out during the day.

0870 240 8880

I got it from Chris's information in the "New Online conversations.." thread. Fancy giving it a go and telling me what you reckon?
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

My only guess is that its been reallocated to someone else.

The Arthouse Inc domain is going to expire in August. It will be interesting to see what happens to that. Jose Martinez worked for them and I think Jas did too, didn't he?

Talk about grasping at f**king straws here!
Dance-Commanda
post Jun 9 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

Everything that Jas is touching is disappearing with him.
Chris
post Jun 9 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

I would say the honeymoon is over guys. For whatever reason, either some grand spoof has taken place, or Jas has decided he doesn't actually want to do this anymore.

I very much doubt Art House Inc will expire, it's part of a much, much bigger more important chain, though it has been partially renamed, or combined with, Palm Pictures
rydo
post Jun 9 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

I'd like to think it wasnt a spoof. Plus, Jose would never have said anything about Jas Mann if he didnt know him. Hub Records was for real, Mariachi Static was for real, the idea of a new album was real...although I dunno about Cold Clockwork Doll as being the name.

Anyway, I have given up trying to find new information. I refuse to phone Jose Martinez anymore. Partially because I don't want to have to ask him if he really does know anything about Jas or not. I don't doubt for a minute that he has met Jas, but I really doubt if he has met him within the last year or so.

Sad to say it really, but I'm not entirely satisfied that Jas Mann is safe and well. Contact details out of date, etc, etc....make of it what you will.

Just a real sad end to something that made us all very happy once upon a time.
Dance-Commanda
post Jun 10 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

He'll come back you'll see!
rydo
post Jun 10 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dance-Commanda @ Jun 10 2006, 05:44 PM)

He'll come back you'll see!

Nah I really doubt it now to be honest with you. Not with the Hub website going to fuck. Unless hes planning a new label or whatever than we'll probably never hear from the J-Mann again unless its in some Greates 1 hit wonders programmes where he trys to make a few quid.
loser kid
post Jun 10 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #112

Unregistered

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Jun 8 2006, 08:04 PM)

Sad news...

That's the end of the great Babylon Zoo comeback then... well that's what I think anyway... :-(

i'll second that, since it seems that the final nail in the coffin has been struck sad.gif
accadia
post Jun 11 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

No comment. sad.gif

--------------------
Dance-Commanda
post Jun 11 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Has anyone ever heard of a musical messiah?
Steph J
post Jun 13 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Not MORE bad news! Can't be dealing with this...

I'm with accadia on this one.

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
quiet rob
post Jun 17 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #116

Unregistered

If you log on to www.hubrecords.com now, you get a list of 20 to 25 folders. Some are named as if they are for different record companies. Theres no files or anything that I can see.... although I havent tried opening all the folders.... check it out and see what you think...
Maddy
post Jun 24 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Two possibilities :

Whether, you do search your best, because you're still fans, and you still WANT to believe in anything dealing with his comeback, that WONT happen and you don't want to accept it.

Whether, he's working on something deep in secret and that you have no single wonder about this, and that it could pop out from nowhere in a second.

I'd be for the second one, I don't search, I accept things like they are. Just wishing the time is working on its good side for him.

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)
action/adventure
post Jun 25 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 57

QUOTE(Maddy @ Jun 24 2006, 11:20 AM)

Two possibilities :

Whether, you do search your best, because you're still fans, and you still WANT to believe in anything dealing with his comeback, that WONT happen and you don't want to accept it.

Whether, he's working on something deep in secret and that you have no single wonder about this, and that it could pop out from nowhere in a second.

I'd be for the second one, I don't search, I accept things like they are. Just wishing the time is working on its good side for him.

I remember coming to this place back in 2003 and everyone was speculating the same thing. No news from Jas whatsoever, but everyone still tried. Finally, at around Chrstmas time, Jas came through out of nowhere. After waiting so long, everbody was so ecstatic. He talked about what he was doing, where he'd been and even took the time to answer questions. But even all that was just icing on the cake. Jas announced 2 albums and launched a record label complete with a website.

After being here for so long and after everything that has happened, fans or not, it's only natural to wonder what the heck is going on. It's like nothing ever happened and all the evidence is being erased piece by piece.

I wonder, what ever happened to all those bands that were signed with Hub Records? It could be another place to start looking. Worth a shot, if anyone still remembers their names...
rydo
post Jun 25 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

I did search for them. They didn't register anywhere on the net.
action/adventure
post Jun 25 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 57

Whoops. rain.gif

10 Pages  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »