IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

10 Pages  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
> Jas Mann Update.
Chris
post May 29 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1

I agree it would be nice to hear from him, but then again I respect his privacy too. A lot of people from or currently in the lime light don't even spend time answering questions from fans, so we should be grateful he did (if indeed it was him).
rydo
post May 29 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

When we first found it hard to contact Jas I thought that the QnA was done by someone else, but they seem to be quite decent answers.

If he was just to come out and say not to bother him then that would end all speculation about it. I highly doubt a return for Babylon Zoo or even Hub Records, but it would just be good to hear something from him.
accadia
post May 29 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(rydo @ May 29 2006, 09:49 PM)

When we first found it hard to contact Jas I thought that the QnA was done by someone else, but they seem to be quite decent answers.

If he was just to come out and say not to bother him then that would end all speculation about it. I highly doubt a return for Babylon Zoo or even Hub Records, but it would just be good to hear something from him.

People have come on the forum in the past pretending to be Jas. It would be better to hear news through a more trustworthy source, like the Hub Records website.

--------------------
rydo
post May 29 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ May 29 2006, 10:20 PM)

People have come on the forum in the past pretending to be Jas. It would be better to hear news through a more trustworthy source, like the Hub Records website.

Yeah I was meaning something like returning Chris's phone call. Sure you seen the guy on myspace from Glasgow of all places. He has the right age and everything on his page.

I actually seen a domain earlier that also had "Website in construction, will be available shortly" and I've came to the conclusion that that simply means its been re-registered! Argh! The website was remotemusic.com, which hasnt been online for years.
Mikkaelson
post May 30 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(rydo @ May 29 2006, 05:29 PM)

I'm starting to get a little ratty about this whole matter. We've been doing our best here, wasting our money on quite expensive calls to America to try and find out something about him. The thing that annoys me most is that hes probably reading everything we say and not even giving a fuck.

He's going to really enjoy reading that then laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
Steph J
post May 30 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Meh. I think we should just keep trying. Jas must read the forum.. if only for just a couple of minutes every few weeks or so. I mean, think about it. Do you see Jas as the kind of person who would surf the internet quite a bit? biggrin.gif coz i do.. I think the cyber world would interest him a lot. So the chances of him looking at this forum all about him is very likely indeed.

(i say its about him.. a lot of it is random nonsence, but still wink.gif )

He must have his reasons for not posting anything.

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
accadia
post May 30 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Steph J @ May 30 2006, 12:31 PM)

He must have his reasons for not posting anything.

see above

--------------------
Steph J
post May 30 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(accadia @ May 30 2006, 12:34 PM)

see above

Because we might think he's an imposter? No way!!! biggrin.gif

hmm.. thats a point though...

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
Chris
post May 30 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

If I was famous (which I never likely will be, then again, no desire to be either) I'd also have concerns about posting on a forum. Even if you post on one forum as yourself, someone on other forums make take your name and pretend it is you. Then you have the whole problem that unless you clarify it can seem like a bunch of people that are speaking for the star when there is actually only on valid place....

Having said that, if I had a personal website I would drop by on it.
Angmar
post May 30 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 26

Hm. But there are indeed musicians, who keep contact with their fans via internet forum. dry.gif I'm a big fan of a german musician, who runs his own homepage including a quite lively forum. Although he plays in 3 (!) bands and has a solo project up and running, this guy writes in his forum, comments in his guestbook and answers emails of fans. Sometimes he even join the chat. smile.gif And I know of others, who do that too.

So, it IS possible. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"They say, if we are playing, the angels mourn while the devil cheers." - Cornix Maledictum
rydo
post May 30 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Yeah I agree with you there. Im a big Stratovarius fan, Tolkki is my hero, and Jens whos on keyboards runs the website and forum! Strato dont play much since Tolkki was stabbed after a gig but they're slowly getting back to playing all the time again...Tolkki singled out the support of his fans as being the main driving force behind his decision to continue on in music.

Jas said that this forum was the drive behind him deciding to make the new Babylon Zoo album but has since been posted missing. Maybe we should do 1 of those petition online things?!
The Sword of Faith
post May 30 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(rydo @ May 30 2006, 11:05 PM)

Maybe we should do 1 of those petition online things?!

Not sure if that would help in any way. I have such petition running for more than two years, I have 771 signatures (I doubt we would get more than 100...) and Norm Koger (the addressee) doesn't give a rat's ass about it...I'm not saying that Jas would ignore such thing, that's just an example. Besides, have you got any ideas on the content of such petition?

I also know some artists, who post on forums (usually forums integrated with their official homepage) and answer questions and there are no problems with impostors (Deathstars is one example, it was cool to read their answers, when I asked about the meaning/sense of their videos). Maybe Jas doesn't visit us anymore OR he wants to make a one hell of a surprise one day...

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
Angmar
post May 30 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 26

QUOTE(The Sword of Faith @ May 30 2006, 09:26 PM)

I also know some artists, who post on forums (usually forums integrated with their official homepage) and answer questions and there are no problems with impostors

Yep. On the official forum of Corvus Corax (a german band who play medieval rock), the bandmembers also write postings. And there are no imposters. No problems. smile.gif

(Deathstars is one example, it was cool to read their answers, when I asked about the meaning/sense of their videos).

That sounds nice. It is great to communicate with the musicians - no matter if "serious" questions like above or just jokes, nonsense and fun. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"They say, if we are playing, the angels mourn while the devil cheers." - Cornix Maledictum
rydo
post May 30 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

I love the Deathstars!! Infact, I love quite a few Swedish bands!
sephiroth
post May 31 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64

the Mindphaser forum (front line assembly, delerium, etc.) is also an example of artists posting to fans. An FLA member, J. Inkel, posts occasionally wink.gif

--------------------
rydo
post May 31 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Johnny Panic, who are my favourite band, interact with their fans. Lead singer Rob Solly posts updates on there, answers all e-mails and sometimes posts the occasional funny thing.
sephiroth
post May 31 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Ministry's mastermind Al Jourgensen has Live Chat with his fans sometimes!

Trent Reznor answers fans' questions on the official nine inch nails web site!

There are too manny examples of this, so I'll stop now wink.gif

--------------------
Livingston
post May 31 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 88

I'm with the others Chris, it would have been good of him to at least post a message on HubRecords before it closed
sephiroth
post May 31 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Livingston?!
... good to C U tongue.gif

--------------------
rydo
post Jun 2 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Ugh! He was the greatest. Why does it have to end up like this? Why do the shite fucking idiots end up famous yet the people with more fucking talent in their small finger than the UK together end up with fuck all?

Totally disgusting. Jas Mann should be still out there making new music, making the rock n roll fans listen.

I can only pray for some new music I suppose!

Jas Mann, you are the fucking greatest.

10 Pages  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »