IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

10 Pages  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
> Jas Mann Update.
rydo
post Jun 2 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

This is unreal. Totally fucking unreal. I take rock music seriously. And to think that I've had to waste money on trying to find Jas, and hope that Chris can find him....this is fucking unreal!! All to what? Fuck all! One of the greatest rock artists of recent years has gone and left us be. He should be pressurised by music firms into making new music! A CREATIVE GENIUS!!!!!!

ARGHH!!!!!! I cant get this out of my head either!! This is hard to accept, really hard to accept. There is no justice in music anymore.

Jas is the greatest.

This post has been edited by rydo: Jun 2 2006, 12:52 AM
accadia
post Jun 2 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

What's brought this on?!

--------------------
raspberryman
post Jun 2 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

alcohol probably. or lack of sleep.
either way, he has a point.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
rydo
post Jun 2 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

a complete lack of sleep and 5 strongbows, i admit, im a weak fucker!

ive been off work these past 13 days suffering from back pain so ive been averaging abou 4 hour of sleep max each night so its kinda getting the better of me. with no sign of improvement I must say.
rydo
post Jun 2 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

wow! how pissed off was I last night!
Dance-Commanda
post Jun 2 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

Guys, I see your pain and your patience almost ton apart by Jas mystery, and this whole thing seems to be pretty draining. But look, if he didnt make a statement like that that he was gonna make an album before, he would be a liar. But like me, i think people who really care about themselves and who have made a statement like that would not want to let their fanbase down, no matter how small or pissed off. But seriously, look at the bright side. A year and a bit is chickenshit in the music industry! I think he put his website on hold to get more cash in, even if that means ignoring everything else including more pay, as he is so obsessed in his work and making this new thing work so people's expectations will not only be met, but exceeded!

So just remember, hang in there, as i imagine the Jazzmeister is doing right now on this album. He may not be contacting us or even reading the threads because he pulled a demo-er to get more mulah and maybe into better advertising!

I have every ounce of faith left in him that he is planning the most amazing audio spectacle ever released, with everything planned out perfectly so that every single aspect will really exceed everyones expectations and surprise everyone who thought he was dead and buried with not just coming out of the blue, but exploding out of the blue with a jet powered intergalactic hover scooter just like the unpredictible Jas that blew my mind with the complexity and intrigue 10 years ago.

get ready for this one guys, it will be worth it. All we need to do is wait.

word association anyone?
raspberryman
post Jun 2 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

good post, If I hadn't bought the new Futureheads album today I'd smack TBWTXRE on right now...
Sadly now I am also quite drunk and could lauch into a rydo rant at any moment. I want to hear some new material dammit!!!
OK calm.
Jas could at least say "hey guys, stop worrying, I'm still hear you know?" or something.
Oh no I've started haven't I?
Shit. I'll be back tomorrow with a clear head.
byeee.

--------------------

rydo
post Jun 3 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

fuck you Parasite! My rant was fine! haha biggrin.gif

I get what you mean though. Would be great to hear some new stuff!

Take 2 paracetamols, grab a pint of water and go to bed!
raspberryman
post Jun 3 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

ok I'm back with my clear head but i now have nothing to say.
and Rydo: I never take paracetamol. I didn't even take pain killers when I had the metal plate put in my arm in 1998 (it's gone now).
Actually that metal plate is quite symbolic because I wasn't listening to BZ a lot when it was put in, but when I had it taken out in 2001 I was going through a phase of listening to TBWTXRE every day and that's the CD I took to hospital.
Anyway, on with some work...

--------------------

rydo
post Jun 6 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

I had a dream last night that Jas Mann performed in Scotland. He was as Babylon Zoo although all I remember was him, no one else. The thing was, I was making up AVI files from a DVD that, well I think now, Accadia gave me.

He was wearing a black top, blue trousers and had dread locks, which were black/dirty blonde...basically just what he had...

I remember him starting with something I'd never heard before, the 2nd song was also something i hadnt heard before but the third song, surprisingly Responding to Echoes.

When I woke up I was so fucking pissed off.

Lets hope the dream might become real sometime, new songs, dreadlocks, scottish gigs!
raspberryman
post Jun 7 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #91

Advanced Member

hmm, reminds me a little of some dreams I've been having recently which have been worrying me a bit. One I had the other day I found out that Morrissey was my Dad and suddenyl it all made sense why it seemed everyone liked my sister more than me, because I had a different Dad!! And I met up with Morrissey and said "hello Dad" and he looked all sheepish and just stared at the ground and said "hello". Although this revelation propelled my band to superstardom.

Quite a weird dream I think you'll agree.
The weirdest thing though, and also the most worrying thing is that he turned up in my dream last night as well!!
Except this time I was me as normal and not the son of Morrissey, and I was on a train (possibly with Will) and Morrissey asked me for the time and I said "about 8 O Clock", and then I was going round being amazed that Morrissey has asked me for the time.

I'm not sure what's more worrying, the fact that Morrissey keeps appearing in dream format, the fact that I can remember dreams so vividly or the fact that I'm telling you all this.

I've posted a lot of my dreams up here over the years, I should have put them in the same thread, it would have been interesting to read.

Arrgh, this post is really irrelevant isn't it?
I'm quite drunk actually. We had a barbecue today and I started drinking then. Over the past twelve hours or so I've had 8 cans of John Smiths Extra Smooth and 2 Bell's and coke. I feel so alive.
I'd play my bass if everyone else wasn't asleep. arrghhhhhhh.

--------------------

accadia
post Jun 7 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #92

Advanced Member

I'm not reading all that, Adam. schmoll.gif

--------------------
raspberryman
post Jun 7 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #93

Advanced Member

it's your loss. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Has anyone tried to contact Chris Ouillette, the new registered owner of Hub Records? I did but got no reply. Googled him and couldnt find him either. Not liking this at all!
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Tried again, got in touch with him, Chris registered the domain for himself and offered to sell it to a company in Washington and they weren't interested. He doesn't know of any other registered Hub Records companys.

Probably the worst possible news I could have hoped for.
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

I replied with the names Jas Mann and Jose Martinez and asked him if it was either of them he spoke to when he offered the name to the Washington based Hub Records. He said no. He didn't speak to anyone by them names.

It's over, isn't it?
The Sword of Faith
post Jun 8 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

Yup...at least for now...but miracles happen sometimes you know...

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
accadia
post Jun 8 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

OK, so the domain seems to be nothing to do with the Hub Records we're interested in. I thought it was unlikely someone else would have gone and bought the domain but there you go.
Looks like someone needs to contact Jose again and find out what's going on...

--------------------
rydo
post Jun 8 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

I think Jose knows about as much as us sadly.
quiet rob
post Jun 8 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #100

Unregistered

Sad news...

That's the end of the great Babylon Zoo comeback then... well that's what I think anyway... :-(

10 Pages  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »