IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> Your ideal setlist?, If only Jas would read this!
rydo
post May 11 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Babylon Zoo stopped playing live gigs about what? 8 years ago now?

I was 11 when I first fell in love with the music, too young to see a live show, now im old enough and Jas has stopped it would seem.

But if Jas out of the blue anounced to us all that because he still has a large fanbase, he was going to play 1 last gig in ... London say....we were all invited and he asked us to submit out ideal setlists, what would you have? Lets see it! Its a toughie I reckon for the opening song but this is what I'll go with...

Chrome Invader
Fire Guided Light
Manhattan Martian
Honaloochie Boogie
Animal Army (minus intro)
Stereo Superstar
Caffeine

Now theres a little break for the band...in the background playing is Dont Feed The Animals

Zodiac Sign
Boy With The X-Ray Eyes
Are You A Boy or a Girl
Is Your Soul for Sale?

"We are Babylon zoo...thank you for your support, I hope you had a great time, good night everyone..." - Loud cheers, the whole place has errupted....the lights stay dark, Jas leaves the stage, the crowd chant "WE WANT MORE WE WANT MORE"

Jas re-appears on stage, the roof has just been blown off the top...

All The Moneys Gone
I'm Cracking Up I need a Pill
(The slowed down music plays at the end of Pill....Jas speaks to the crowed, says hes overwhelmed by the support, cant wait to tour again when the 3rd album is released..."this is the last song, you may know this one...sing along...."

Spaceman

End.

If I could see that, I would probably jump off a tall building after it because I would have seen everything I wanted to.

I'd probably put my mortgage on it never happening but by fuck would it be good!

This post has been edited by rydo: May 11 2006, 03:19 PM
Mikkaelson
post May 11 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

My setlist would have to start off a bit stronger than that with a run of singles......

All The Money's Gone
Spaceman
Stereo Superstar
Fire Guided Light

And after pumping up the audience with those beauties slow it down a bit with

Aroma Girl
Is Your Soul For Sale
Manhatten Martian

Then rebuild the tempo with

Honey Moon In Space
Caffeine
Animal Army

Jas Leaves the Stage...... gets clapped back on for the ENCORE

Hey Man
Chrome Invader
The Boy With The Xray Eyes.

I'm afraid certain songs like Honaloochie Boogie, Are You A Boy Or A Girl, Paris Green and Sign Of The Zodiac wouldn't make the grade.

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
rydo
post May 11 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Nice choice. I dont think Paris Green would make a good set list up, but I think Manhattan Martian followed by Boogie would be great.

And i have no idea how you dont like Zodiac Sign! For me, thats one of the best BZ songs!
Mikkaelson
post May 11 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(rydo @ May 11 2006, 04:59 PM)

Nice choice. I dont think Paris Green would make a good set list up, but I think Manhattan Martian followed by Boogie would be great.

And i have no idea how you dont like Zodiac Sign! For me, thats one of the best BZ songs!

Didn't say I didn't like it.... for a concert, other songs would be ahead in the pecking order.

Note: Confused Art didn't make the setlist either and that is one of my top five favs.... I just don't think it's suitable for a concert.

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
accadia
post May 11 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I really like Mikkaelson's setlist. Except I would close with Spaceman instead. And exclude Chrome Invader and put in Paris Green.

--------------------
Antares Hijra
post Aug 11 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 105

Hmmm..my ideal setlist..,well, it'd be just like a dream (and how I'd do it tongue.gif)...

The stage would be totally dark for a while...and then it'd sound the beginning of "The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes", the part after after the piano piece...and the lights would blind everything at the same time that Jas appears with the band, dressing vinyl trousers, glitter-dark t-shirt and a silver feather boa..starts singing the song...

After that, lights off...and only 3 big neon plasma balls lightening the scene...coming:

Spaceman
Zodiac Sign
Fire Guided Light
I'm Cracking Up I Need A Pill punk.gif

He lights a cigar...

Manhattan Martian
Is Your Soul For Sale?
Caffeine
Aroma Girl cry.gif hug.gif cry.gif

Just a little break, short talk and thanking word to the fans...blue and white lights come back...rocking:

Stereo Superstar
Animal Army
All The Money's Gone
Iron Man (Black Sabbath Cover)
Chrome Invader

Blue Nude relaxing...

Confused Art
Walking In My Shoes (Depeche Mode Cover)
Spaceman 2.0 (He'd done a special mix for the concert) [bis]...litte silver stars falling from the top...clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

rolleyes.gif ...and I wake up...

--------------------
A vicious appetite
It visits me each night
And won't be satisfied
Won't be denied
An unbearable pain
A beating in my brain
That leaves the mark of cain
Right here inside...
sephiroth
post Aug 12 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64

oooh, nice idea with the spaceman ver.2 mix smile.gif
and the silver stars... it's just dreamy...

There should be this, like, calm part when the stars start falling, and then the lights get dimm blue... and then, the stage explodes with collors, all with pyro stuff etc. when the chorus goes once again...

ok, maybe that's a bit too much colorfull tongue.gif

--------------------