IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> The Christmas Thread
Steph J
post Dec 19 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

What are your plans for Christmas, if you have any?
My Christmas is going to be pretty boring, i'll just be staying at home watching repeats of films i've seen a million times. Have you seen the Christmas Day line up? Crap, i tell thee. Apart from Doctor Who, yay! tongue.gif

And what things make you feel Christmassy?

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
accadia
post Dec 19 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I'll be playing with my new camera phone. smile.gif

Our Xmas tree is looking pretty good this year with 180 lights - we normally only have 60! The tree is the quintessential Christmassy feature in our house.

--------------------
quiet rob
post Dec 19 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Hmm, we have a few fairy light around the window in the living room, thats about it. 23rd and Xmas Eve i'm going out and getting leathered... Xmas Day I'm spending with a friend of mine at home. I will probaby start around 2pm when I finally feel well enough to get out of bed. Cheese and onion toasties for xmas dinner and a bottle of Absinthe for drink. Gonna have a deathmatch session on the old xbox later. For the evening we have Oldboy and Ichi The Killer on DVD to watch(oh and if it comes through the post in time for xmas "The adventures of Milo and Otis" DVD too!!.)

Yep thats the actual official plans!!!

Boxing Day: Most likely a trip to the hospital to have my stomach pumped...

All in all a very xmasy time shall be had... er.. not really...

This post has been edited by quiet rob: Dec 19 2005, 09:30 PM
Lestat
post Dec 19 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Spending Christmas with my New Wife and Step-Son as well as my rents and sister in York. Nothing really exciting is going to happen as far as I know.

--------------------
You have been a very naughty little girl
accadia
post Dec 19 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Last Christmas I was violently sick in the early hours of the morning. But it wasn't from drinking, just over-eating I guess!

--------------------
Chris
post Dec 19 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Steph J @ Dec 19 2005, 07:10 PM)

What are your plans for Christmas, if you have any?
My Christmas is going to be pretty boring, i'll just be staying at home watching repeats of films i've seen a million times. Have you seen the Christmas Day line up? Crap, i tell thee. Apart from Doctor Who, yay! tongue.gif

I might surf the internet on Christmas day...

I really don't know to be honest, not very planned. I would put up a Christmas surprise on BZoo Online but I haven't actually got one. Maybe I'll just make everyone admin for the day and say "From Santa" unsure.gif

It always feels like Christmas when I watch the "Muppets Christmas Carole". I remember when it was at the cinema for the first time, I even went to see it. Those were the days rolleyes.gif
Zanna
post Dec 20 2005, 06:39 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

I will be spending the day with my family smile.gif
Boring as tongue.gif

--------------------

when the package is this pretty no one cares whats inside
chr0me
post Dec 20 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 22

I will be spending a deserved holiday break with friends and family.
Christmas will be with my wife and son, plus visiting both sides of the family for lunch and the other for dinner. Doesn't sound exciting, but the families can be quite funny, there's never a dull moment. smile.gif

Christmas eve will be watching the tube with wifey, and christmas night probably the same thing. smile.gif

--------------------
Electronic information... tampers with your soul!
Lord-Shiva
post Dec 21 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(Steph J @ Dec 19 2005, 09:10 PM)

Gingerbread and Christmas cookies happy.gif
loser kid
post Dec 21 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #10

Unregistered

hopefully recieving my CD and DVD, if they haven't lost my order. and getting a load more Cds to add to already full bedroom of music biggrin.gif
Steph J
post Dec 22 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 19 2005, 09:46 PM)

I might surf the internet on Christmas day...

I really don't know to be honest, not very planned. I would put up a Christmas surprise on BZoo Online but I haven't actually got one. Maybe I'll just make everyone admin for the day and say "From Santa" unsure.gif

It always feels like Christmas when I watch the "Muppets Christmas Carole". I remember when it was at the cinema for the first time, I even went to see it. Those were the days rolleyes.gif

Yes, the muppets christmas carol! I love that film biggrin.gif i love the muppets, full stop smile.gif

I find the smell of satsumas really christmassy, and hiding from those people who do those father christmas floats to collect money. hehe tongue.gif

--------------------
Chris
post Dec 22 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Steph J @ Dec 22 2005, 12:42 PM)

Yes, the muppets christmas carol! I love that film biggrin.gif i love the muppets, full stop smile.gif

Woohoo, another fan. I was starting to think I was the only one. Let's turn this site into a Muppets fan-base biggrin.gif (only kidding!).

A lot of people like the original Scrooge but I've never really been too keen on it. Much prefer Michael Caine in the role. Which reminds me, I really need to watch it today and get into the Christmas spirit. Seems to have come around so far this year even though the shops start stocking all the Christmas things in... October? It's crazy blink.gif
Steph J
post Dec 22 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 22 2005, 03:10 PM)

Woohoo, another fan. I was starting to think I was the only one. Let's turn this site into a Muppets fan-base biggrin.gif (only kidding!).

A lot of people like the original Scrooge but I've never really been too keen on it. Much prefer Michael Caine in the role. Which reminds me, I really need to watch it today and get into the Christmas spirit. Seems to have come around so far this year even though the shops start stocking all the Christmas things in... October? It's crazy blink.gif

Yep, its insane. It diffuses the whole christmas feeling by spreading it out from september. the shops actually start putting crackers and stuff on the shelves in late August, seriously.
Lets have a special muppets section on the forum biggrin.gif (but you'd have to make a Marc Bolan one as well) wink.gif
The muppets version is definately the best tongue.gif

--------------------
Chris
post Dec 22 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

They had stuff in the shops there from August? Wow, that's nausiating to say the least. I do think Christmas has become a little too commercialized, I miss the whole... I don't know, the buzz you get because December is coming and it's part of the whole countdown to Christmas. The way stuff is these days, I can see them leaving Christmas things in the shops all year eventually sad.gif
Steph J
post Dec 22 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 22 2005, 03:39 PM)

They had stuff in the shops there from August? Wow, that's nausiating to say the least. I do think Christmas has become a little too commercialized, I miss the whole... I don't know, the buzz you get because December is coming and it's part of the whole countdown to Christmas. The way stuff is these days, I can see them leaving Christmas things in the shops all year eventually sad.gif

hmm :/
If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts do you live? I thought you were in England, but the way you said "They had stuff in the shops there from August?" made me think otherwise...

--------------------
quiet rob
post Dec 23 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #16

Unregistered

Well, my xmas plans have taken a turn for the worse. My house mates and had a row and split up, so I have my mate Sye sobbing all the time and making a scene... i've already had enough of it, but what can I do...

Xmas Day probably spent in my room on my own listening to music.... yay.. sad.gif
Chris
post Dec 23 2005, 02:39 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Steph J @ Dec 22 2005, 04:34 PM)

hmm :/
If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts do you live? I thought you were in England, but the way you said "They had stuff in the shops there from August?" made me think otherwise...

Yea, my statement sounds a little confusing. I was just meaning down further south, I only remember seeing things in the shops from October here, but I can believe they started stalking from August onwards at some places across the country. I guess I really need to spend more time proof reading my posts tongue.gif

I remembered something else that makes it feel like Christmas for me. Those Christmassy Coca Cola adverts on the TV. Classic biggrin.gif

Well, my xmas plans have taken a turn for the worse. My house mates and had a row and split up, so I have my mate Sye sobbing all the time and making a scene... i've already had enough of it, but what can I do...

Xmas Day probably spent in my room on my own listening to music.... yay.. sad.gif sad.gif

Aww, sorry to hear that. Definitely one of the wost things that can happen during the run up to Christmas.. Hope things improve for yourself and them sad.gif

This post has been edited by Chris: Dec 23 2005, 02:40 AM
raspberryman
post Dec 23 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

someone's always ill in our house, Rhianus (real name Rhiannon) already has a cold, so does mum...
I'm pretty sure i've got a bass amp and a phone, as they are the only things i asked for. Plus the fact that when i came down to my Dads today he said "have you got you guitar?". and there's an amp-shaped present with my name on.. biggrin.gif
apart from that I'm probably going to sit around eating Toblerone and watching DVDs like I normally do at Christmas. Or being sick. 50:50 chance really.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Mikkaelson
post Jan 8 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

Well, christmas has been and gone... like ages ago now.... but I have half an hour to waste while waiting for some EBay goodness so I'll tell you what I did (not that anyone has any interest LOL biggrin.gif )

I went home from Southampton for a few days in order to pick up a few shifts at work (Childrens disability care home). It was double time. If watching repeats of The Muppets Christmas Carole payed that much, I would of stayed in LOL

Didn't stay home for long, I like the indepence having my own place in Southampton brings.

Mmmm, thats wasted 5 minutes LOL.... what else can I waffle on about???

Well, after christmas and New Year I suppose the next "Event" on the calender is Valentines..... anyone fancy donating a card to messier Mikkaelson, contact details will shortly follow LOL cool.gif

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry