IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

3 Pages  < 1 2 3  
> Sandkings site
Hona
post Jan 25 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Jan 24 2006, 10:30 PM)

Calm down dear!! The site is still up and running, looks like your server was out of action for a while..... PHEW! :-D

Yea thank god. Otherwise I would have killed them. dry.gif

--------------------
There's a fire between us
So where is your God
I can't get off the carousel
I can't get off this world
accadia
post Jan 25 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Steph J @ Jan 25 2006, 12:29 PM)

Can anyone recommend a good web hosting company for me? I've had a look at Nildram, Easyspace and Simply. They're all possible contenders but all have their little bad points, so i'm not sure..

There's so many out there, i don't know how to find one thats got everything i want. I've spoken to Michael about this already. The things i really need are:

lots of space (around 100MB would be pretty good, but that would only allow for 2 or 3 sites with images) So, over 100MB would be perfect.
Availability of sub-domains, or, at least the option of having more than one Domain.
If they specifically say that they offer the option of having more than one Website hosted using the same space bought, even better.
And, above everything, they must look reliable and and offer good customer service.
Oh, and cost- no more than 5 pounds a month. That IS asking for a lot, but i'm not keen on spending the best part of 100 quid every year for some web space.

I'm with Streamline.Net and haven't had any issues so far. You could go for the Power User package (I'm on the Home one). Here's more info.

--------------------
Steph J
post Jan 25 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(accadia @ Jan 25 2006, 01:50 PM)

I'm with Streamline.Net and haven't had any issues so far. You could go for the Power User package (I'm on the Home one). Here's more info.

OMFG!!! That looks great!! Thank you very very very much, i'm likin that one a lot biggrin.gif Genius.

--------------------
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free... free to be me ;)
Steph J
post Jan 25 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

I'm still interested, even though i'm finding quite a lot of bad press. The service has no more bad press than any other web hosting service, so i'm not too bothered.

This thread is 3-4 pages long, but its actually quite an interesting and amusing read.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.p...=streamline+net

--------------------
Steph J
post Jan 25 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

I just tried calling them out of curiosity. Note, they specifically mention a TELEPHONE number...
[url=http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.php]
http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.php[/url]

I got a prerecorded message with some waffle about how they don't offer support on the phone. Then they give you options 1 2 3 and 4. I decided to try out 4, as they were suddenly giving me the impression i could TALK to someone. All i got was 'blah blah blah please leave a message'.

The evidence against them is mounting up... starting to think its not so good after all... biggrin.gif

--------------------
accadia
post Jan 25 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Steph J @ Jan 25 2006, 08:56 PM)

I just tried calling them out of curiosity. Note, they specifically mention a TELEPHONE number...

[url=http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.php]http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.php
[/url]

I got a prerecorded message with some waffle about how they don't offer support on the phone. Then they give you options 1 2 3 and 4. I decided to try out 4, as they were suddenly giving me the impression i could TALK to someone. All i got was 'blah blah blah please leave a message'.

The evidence against them is mounting up... starting to think its not so good after all... biggrin.gif

Well, it's up to you, of course. I haven't needed to contact customer support so I wouldn't know how they fare.

--------------------
Steph J
post Jan 26 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Jan 25 2006, 09:33 PM)

Well, it's up to you, of course. I haven't needed to contact customer support so I wouldn't know how they fare.

Hmm.. i'll think about it for a while. I am impressed with quite a few things, its just their support i'm not sure about. The fact they offer a three month free trial is kool.

--------------------
Hona
post Apr 20 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

The page has been updated a bit. More songs online!
And if someone is very good at making banners, please, make a new one for the Sandkings! The butterfly is cute, but doesn't tell anything about Sandkings!
No offence, Christine. wink.gif

--------------------
So where is your God
quiet rob
post Apr 20 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #49

Unregistered

Also i'm in the middle of making a new wallpaper based on the sandkings... it should be finished in a week.

This post has been edited by quiet rob: Apr 20 2006, 04:00 PM
Hona
post Apr 20 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Apr 20 2006, 06:59 PM)

Also i'm in the middle of making a new wallpaper based on the sandkings... it should be finished in a week.

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
So where is your God
Lord-Shiva
post May 27 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(Hona @ Apr 20 2006, 03:28 PM)

The page has been updated a bit. More songs online!
And if someone is very good at making banners, please, make a new one for the Sandkings! The butterfly is cute, but doesn't tell anything about Sandkings!
No offence, Christine. wink.gif

Yeah i know.
It's ok.

3 Pages  < 1 2 3