IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

2 Pages  < 1 2  
> Jas Mann Documentary, I'm thinking seriously about this --->
rydo
post May 7 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

What address did you write to? And are you really expecting a reply?
andrew
post May 8 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Project Cyclops @ May 7 2007, 05:46 PM)

Work will most likely start towards the end of the summer, but i've written to Jas about it and am awaiting a response! Keep updated by checking our myspace. It's really crap but our website is down, or rather is under construction. It's 'eXtreme films' on myspace. There won't be any mention of Jas yet mind... and don't be put off by the picture please!

Futures

jas wnt do it cant we just do it anyway?
Project Cyclops
post May 8 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

QUOTE(rydo @ May 7 2007, 06:24 PM)

What address did you write to? And are you really expecting a reply?

I wrote to the old hub records office address and an email. No, I'm not really expecting a reply. Perhaps I should have written 'Check enclosed'?

I think Andrew's right, could probably make something out of the dvd's if they were cleaned up a bit... watch this space.
andrew
post May 9 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Project Cyclops @ May 8 2007, 08:55 PM)

I wrote to the old hub records office address and an email. No, I'm not really expecting a reply. Perhaps I should have written 'Check enclosed'?

I think Andrew's right, could probably make something out of the dvd's if they were cleaned up a bit... watch this space.

look at all those programs that dont always include ppl. i mean you get films on jim morrison after he died with co stars and fans talking about him. Even if its just us talking the fans saying memories recalling live events, clips from the dvd's us saying interesting facts things he said talking about our younger days watching babylon zoo im sure with the footage it would still look good. we could even talk about him getting in contact weather it was really jas sort of leaving it open to a possible mystery hoast, a possible jas sightings part with spooky music. showing the picture enhanced of him doing that acoustic gig e.t.c
Rocket Girl
post May 14 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 626

Hey that sounds like an awesome idea thumbsup2.gif I say totaly go for it clap.gif
If and/ or when you guys make this film, how can I get my hands on one?
andrew
post May 17 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rocket Girl @ May 14 2007, 01:24 AM)

Hey that sounds like an awesome idea thumbsup2.gif I say totaly go for it clap.gif
If and/ or when you guys make this film, how can I get my hands on one?

wooooh get your hands on one!! thats a bit far fetched its a big IF at the moment seein as we have the dissepearing jas, big amount of distance between us and forum members and comunity dropping. id get to work on the film tomorrow if projectcyclops was up 4 it but if no1 else is it would be crap seein me rabbit on to the camera + i couldnt make a film to save my life.
Project Cyclops
post May 17 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

QUOTE(andrew @ May 17 2007, 01:34 AM)

wooooh get your hands on one!! thats a bit far fetched its a big IF at the moment seein as we have the dissepearing jas, big amount of distance between us and forum members and comunity dropping. id get to work on the film tomorrow if projectcyclops was up 4 it but if no1 else is it would be crap seein me rabbit on to the camera + i couldnt make a film to save my life.

Well our latest effort is in the editing process (which means i'm spending 5 hours a day on sony-vega feeling very strung-out) and shuld be all over by the end of June. The Jas Documentary is something my friends are happy to work on so long as it's good. I've got a few uni commitments and a new job right now so it's all a bit hectic. I'll start playing about with the dvd footage when I get some time and maybe put a trailer on youtube guys.

Stay positive! cool.gif

Cyclops
andrew
post May 18 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Project Cyclops @ May 17 2007, 07:38 PM)

Well our latest effort is in the editing process (which means i'm spending 5 hours a day on sony-vega feeling very strung-out) and shuld be all over by the end of June. The Jas Documentary is something my friends are happy to work on so long as it's good. I've got a few uni commitments and a new job right now so it's all a bit hectic. I'll start playing about with the dvd footage when I get some time and maybe put a trailer on youtube guys.

Stay positive! cool.gif

Cyclops

kl kl will be excited to see that trailer!
Maddy
post Nov 5 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Do you have any news about this documentary ?

--------------------
IPB Image
Anyone like my animated sig ? ;)
drunkalfuzzyness
post Jun 5 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

QUOTE(Project Cyclops @ Jan 30 2007, 08:39 PM)

Hey everyone.

People seem so dispondant right now, I wanted to share an idea that's been going round in my head for months to try and cheer everyone up a bit.

I studied film at university and at the moment am finishing work on my first feature, a low-budget comedy set in the 1980's. I'm part of a group of artists in Edinburgh who make shorts for the festival and... well just for kicks really! Over the last year and a half we've been getting more serious and this new film we hope, will attract some kind of attention (note how abstract I am with the term 'attention').

With this in mind we're applying for a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a future project and I've put forward a reasonable suggestion to the group of a documentary about Jas and his music, his rise and fall and the media storm he went through during the Spaceman era (it's never been done). A kind of 'Poor boy from Wolverhamton makes good' vibe.

Even if we don't get any money, and are laughed off and humilianted, I intend to write to Jas asking if he'd be interested in taking part. Basically I'd travel with a camera to wherever he is and interview him, try to get in touch with the other band members and The Sandkings and see what I can do. It's all super-vague I know, but although I'm not about much on the board I am a huge BZ and SK fan, to the point of obsession, so this is something I think I need to do. I've got the means (cameras, lights microphones and editing gear) and the motivation after all.

This idea begs the question: What would you actually do with a Jas Mann documentary? My answer? God knows! Show it at art galleries, offer it to VH1 or Ch4?

I'm also aware that people have been trying to get in touch with Mr. Mann with little success, I'm just hoping that an official looking letter from a film company would get forwarded to him.

Anyways, let me know what you think...

Futures.
Simon.

heya well i have been thinking the exact same thing. would it be ok if i took part in this project?? i am studying Telivision and Video production and it would be an exelent strarting point in film. obviously i have done short films in college and uni but i have always wanted to make a serious documentry, and just recently i thought.. who better to make it about than good old Jas.
The email adress for Hub Records is info@cybertank.com
weather this will be of any use of someone has told you about it already im not to sure.
please get back to me.
andrew
post Jun 5 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE(drunkalfuzzyness @ Jun 5 2009, 10:48 AM)

heya well i have been thinking the exact same thing. would it be ok if i took part in this project?? i am studying Telivision and Video production and it would be an exelent strarting point in film. obviously i have done short films in college and uni but i have always wanted to make a serious documentry, and just recently i thought.. who better to make it about than good old Jas.
The email adress for Hub Records is info@cybertank.com
weather this will be of any use of someone has told you about it already im not to sure.
please get back to me.

i dont think this ever got made and hub recorlds is bueried so deep now.....
drunkalfuzzyness
post Jun 10 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 698

QUOTE(andrew @ Jun 5 2009, 03:05 PM)

i dont think this ever got made and hub recorlds is bueried so deep now.....

yeah, i tryed to contact this guy on myspace and he never replyed. probs dosent hhelp if he lives in usa and i live in uk. well if he dont then i will. once i get out of this hospital bed i will try to look into it more. shame i cant hear bzoo music in hospital, thought id get my fix by using the forum and site instead.

2 Pages  < 1 2