IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> New Fan, Need some help...
Rocket Girl
post Apr 23 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 626

Hi everyone, I recently bought a copy of The Boy with the X-Ray eyes after seeing Spaceman on a local One Hit Wonder countdown and thinking it was the most beautiful and hypnotic rock song EVER! I listened to the album and I was blown away, and the only thing I kept thinking was why is this a One Hit Wonder? Why didn't this album hit big? I guess it was ahead of its time... but I digress.

I have a burning question, (and no doubt most of you have already discussed this but please bear with me 'cus I am a totaly new here.) What is Jas Mann's sexual orientation?
'Cus if his lyrics are anything to go by, then it seems like he's a very confused man.
So if anyone out there knows please write back smile.gif
rydo
post Apr 24 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

When I was younger when he was on TV I always thought he was gay but I've read things since then that hes married with kids..which was denied. Theres never been anything to suggest hes a raving homo (sapiens) but he was quite turned on that women found him a sex god when he first broke through in 96. So maybe hes....hes....into Hentai or something??
andrew
post Apr 25 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Rocket Girl @ Apr 24 2007, 12:50 AM)

Hi everyone, I recently bought a copy of The Boy with the X-Ray eyes after seeing Spaceman on a local One Hit Wonder countdown and thinking it was the most beautiful and hypnotic rock song EVER! I listened to the album and I was blown away, and the only thing I kept thinking was why is this a One Hit Wonder? Why didn't this album hit big? I guess it was ahead of its time... but I digress.

I have a burning question, (and no doubt most of you have already discussed this but please bear with me 'cus I am a totaly new here.) What is Jas Mann's sexual orientation?
'Cus if his lyrics are anything to go by, then it seems like he's a very confused man.
So if anyone out there knows please write back smile.gif

hes not gay but he has strong views about people being judged. he hates racism and homophobia so i gather from the research ive done on him
rydo
post Apr 25 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I've also heard hes quite a big fan of Jim Davidsons stand up!!
quiet rob
post Apr 26 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

QUOTE(rydo @ Apr 25 2007, 05:30 PM)

I've also heard hes quite a big fan of Jim Davidsons stand up!!

Jas hates homophobia and racism yet likes Jim Davidson stand up.... does not compute. huh.gif
littlespacellama
post Apr 26 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 91

I became a fan from a One Hit Wonder countdown too! It's so ironic...to me it showed the critics as ignorant for saying the only good bit was the speeded-up bit. I don't know very much about Jas though so I can't help you but I know what you mean about the lyrics...

I still haven't managed to get King Kong Groover though.

Hang on, how come I'm member no.91 and Rocket Girl is number 626? I only joined last June...has there been a huge influx of members recently?
Mikkaelson
post Apr 26 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

More like an influx of Spam bots.

I always maintain that Spaceman, Animal Army and TBWTXE's aren't the best tracks on the album. Caffeine, Fire Guided Light, Is Your Soul For Sale and I need a Pill are much stronger. But the problem is they're not traditional pop songs, and in 1996 that's all the market craved unlike now.

Released in the hear and now and with bands like Muse storming the charts and without that ridiculous fad called 'girl power', the album would fair much much better.

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
littlespacellama
post Apr 26 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 91

That many spambots? I don't know much about that kind of thing but woah. blink.gif

I agree, I loved Spaceman when I heard it properly but I really like Zodiac Sign and Paris Green, and I Need a Pill as well. It's a shame that the band had to be hijacked by the advert thing and then weren't taken seriously (obviously they were by you guys but I mean the rest...)
Rocket Girl
post Apr 26 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Hi guys, thank for the replies smile.gif
Couldn't Jas just re-release TBWTXRE now, I mean like Mikkaelson said with bands out there like Muse and Klaxons there is definitly a market for that kind of music. Oh, if only Jas would do that... cry.gif crybaby.gif
Rocket Girl
post Apr 26 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #10

Hey, has anyone seen that clip on YouTube called Jas Mann on Brass Eye?
What the heck was that all about?! shock.gif Was that guy realy making fun of Jas and if so, then how come Jas didn't realise it? Or was the whole thing an act? huh.gif
raspberryman
post Apr 27 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

yes Chris Morris was really making fun of Jas and I don't think it was an act at all. Jas might have realised it, but just seems to go along with it. He could have come off a lot worse than he did.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
rydo
post Apr 27 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

What was Jas caring? He got a free glass of wine!
Mikkaelson
post Apr 27 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

Brass eye was probably his best moment on television.....

..... don't watch himself preaching about how he's a genius and God like... it's cringe worthy.

This post has been edited by Mikkaelson: Apr 30 2007, 10:42 AM

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
rydo
post Apr 28 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Nah, his best moment on TV was when he was asked why he was bullied at school.....was it because he was too pretty?

"Nah, its because I was a bit of an arsehole really."

hahahahaha!!
Rocket Girl
post Apr 29 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #15

Ha ha ha ha ha ha laughing1.gif !!!
well at least he's being honest!