IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> New Smoking Ban, Your views
Mikkaelson
post Jul 2 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

How are the smokers getting on with this?? I know it's early days but and most haven't actually had the experience of standing outside their local in the pouring rain yet, but you will.

On the 30th June at 12 midnight me and a few friends did break the law by sparking up the biggest grand daddy cuban cigars you ever did see. This made me happy smile.gif

Oh.... I'm againsyt by the way. There's nothing wrong with having a non smoking section.

--------------------
Cigerettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary
Cadillacs, blue jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry
quiet rob
post Jul 2 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

As a non-smoker, i'm going to love being able to go to a pub or club without having to suffer from other peoples smoke. I've lost count the amount of times i've had to go home early because of feeling ill from cigartte smoke.

I do find it a little unfair that designated smoking rooms are also illegal though.
Mikkaelson
post Jul 3 2007, 03:11 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Jul 2 2007, 11:34 PM)

As a non-smoker, i'm going to love being able to go to a pub or club without having to suffer from other peoples smoke. I've lost count the amount of times i've had to go home early because of feeling ill from cigartte smoke.

I do find it a little unfair that designated smoking rooms are also illegal though.

Tis a fair comment from the quiet one wink.gif

--------------------
Barry
post Jul 3 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Even though im a fag ash, really don't care about the smoking ban. I just find it annoying that I cant smoke in my dads work van. As for pubs and clubs, I have no social life tongue.gif
raspberryman
post Jul 3 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

We did a gig last night and we didn't smell as bad after it. hooray!
There were some outside the door in the rain though.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
andrew
post Jul 3 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Jul 3 2007, 12:20 PM)

We did a gig last night and we didn't smell as bad after it. hooray!
There were some outside the door in the rain though.

lol i think the idea of smokers getting wet is funny. it obvioustly kills and even in a smoking area there has to be cleaners and theres evidence just smoking in the same building causes dammage to other people
as a ex smoker myself when i was a smoker i would have cared but now i just hate the habbit and hate the smell so im all for the ban and hope it helps people quit and helps me breathe better
Mikkaelson
post Jul 4 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

But the ban has no compromise.... and if there can't be compromise, then there needs to be tolerance. It's like banning ginger people from hairdressers.

--------------------
accadia
post Jul 4 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I heard The Smokers Arms pub in Grimsby will have to change its name.

--------------------
andrew
post Jul 4 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mikkaelson @ Jul 4 2007, 01:26 PM)

But the ban has no compromise.... and if there can't be compromise, then there needs to be tolerance. It's like banning ginger people from hairdressers.

where do you draw the line though? give the smokers a area thats in the building and the smoke can still travel. staff have to enter the room to clean it or bar staff for whatever reason, bouncers. so what ever way you look at it in some way it will still affect a non smoker plus dont forget its been voted in with massive public support so majority of people want it.
it effects most of europe and the tolerence is that anyone can smoke they just have to go outside the club or pub. most clubs and pubs have smoking facilities incase of rain, some even have heaters. there has been a lot of comprimise in the respect of businesses like pubs e.t.c going head over heals to provide people who want to smoke with surroundings so they wont be to put out.
Barry
post Jul 4 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Yes but more important than the smoking ban... Gingers and hairdressers, they shouldn't cut it, just dye it!

Disclaimer: I cannot be held accountable for my ginger intolerance, place all blame upon society.
Besides I can't be bias against ginger people, one of my friends is ginger!
quiet rob
post Jul 4 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

Are you saying Ginger people are hazardous to peoples health? Yeah, yeah I know they can be a bit mad in the head but I wouldn't say they were a threat to the health of other people! tongue.gif
andrew
post Jul 5 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Barry @ Jul 4 2007, 06:23 PM)

Yes but more important than the smoking ban... Gingers and hairdressers, they shouldn't cut it, just dye it!

Disclaimer: I cannot be held accountable for my ginger intolerance, place all blame upon society.
Besides I can't be bias against ginger people, one of my friends is ginger!

dye it!!! then they look more stupid, someone i saw that was ginger did that they lookm even more freaky, black hair with ginger roots, ginger eyebrows and freckles. just makes them more of a target