IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

3 Pages   1 2 3 >  
> Perhaps contact info..., ooooh I'd like to see what people are going to say!
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 1 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 675

http://us.imdb.com/user/ur0597346/boards/p...?uc=1#ucomments
Last active:Sat Nov 1 2008

Have fun guys and girls! Let him have it for me tongue.gif

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/usercomments?start=315

User comment:Jas Mann:
Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
One of the Single Most Brilliant Films Ever Created, 20 March 2000
Author: Jasbinder Mann from hollywood, usa

There is so much depth to this movie that people are missing. It seems to be a sort of an allegory for the end times. The aliens have come to warn us about our actions, much like the Day the Earth Stood Still(1951). However, in that film, the good guys(the aliens) win the fight and proceed to destroy the earth if we don't change our ways.

In Plan 9 we humans are not able to comprehend the damage that we will inevitably cause because of our arrogance. The film does not have a happy ending. We humans destroy the aliens(the Christ-like Messiah characters, if you will) and continue in our stubborn ways. Not many films have ever been made with the humans being the villains, especially not in the 50's. Eddie was ahead of his time.

Because Ed Wood made this film, against all odds, mind you(He had to go to terrific extremes to get it made), he is given the title of worst director of all time. Jesus, obviously, wasn't too popular in his time, either. Ed died because we couldn't accept his message. The public's ridicule of his film's drove him to alcohol, which eventually killed him after being kicked out of his apartment for lack of funds.

I only hope that one day we will be able to comprehend Ed's message and try to change our evil ways. Technology is only going toward one end. Complete and utter destruction. We must listen to Ed Wood's message. It may be our only hope.

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
saintkitten
post Nov 2 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 679

I just sent a message smile.gif

--------------------
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 2 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 2 2008, 12:37 AM)

http://us.imdb.com/user/ur0597346/boards/p...?uc=1#ucomments
Last active:Sat Nov 1 2008

Have fun guys and girls! Let him have it for me tongue.gif

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/usercomments?start=315

User comment:Jas Mann:
Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
One of the Single Most Brilliant Films Ever Created, 20 March 2000
Author: Jasbinder Mann from hollywood, usa
There is so much depth to this movie that people are missing. It seems to be a sort of an allegory for the end times. The aliens have come to warn us about our actions, much like the Day the Earth Stood Still(1951). However, in that film, the good guys(the aliens) win the fight and proceed to destroy the earth if we don't change our ways.

In Plan 9 we humans are not able to comprehend the damage that we will inevitably cause because of our arrogance. The film does not have a happy ending. We humans destroy the aliens(the Christ-like Messiah characters, if you will) and continue in our stubborn ways. Not many films have ever been made with the humans being the villains, especially not in the 50's. Eddie was ahead of his time.

Because Ed Wood made this film, against all odds, mind you(He had to go to terrific extremes to get it made), he is given the title of worst director of all time. Jesus, obviously, wasn't too popular in his time, either. Ed died because we couldn't accept his message. The public's ridicule of his film's drove him to alcohol, which eventually killed him after being kicked out of his apartment for lack of funds.

I only hope that one day we will be able to comprehend Ed's message and try to change our evil ways. Technology is only going toward one end. Complete and utter destruction. We must listen to Ed Wood's message. It may be our only hope.

Interesting found. Hey you make a terrific detective girl! biggrin.gif

It really might be our Jas, especially as he mentions the film "Day the Earth Stood Still" in that review, which i know he likes. He's into that old Sci-Fi genre.
raspberryman
post Nov 2 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Whatever you do, don't bloody bombard him with messages or he'll dig himself deeper!!
Maybe we should do a group message?

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 2 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Nov 2 2008, 04:51 PM)

Whatever you do, don't bloody bombard him with messages or he'll dig himself deeper!!

If he does that
Gets out his little shovel and digs digs digs

*I WILL BE SOOOOOOO OVER IT!*censored.gif

Some people have been here for years...
And have stayed here (not me obviously)

People deserve a bit of recognition for that.

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
Gina
post Nov 2 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 2 2008, 05:34 PM)

If he does that
Gets out his little shovel and digs digs digs

*I WILL BE SOOOOOOO OVER IT!*censored.gif

Some people have been here for years...
And have stayed here (not me obviously)

People deserve a bit of recognition for that.

you have truth very much...

--------------------
Spies looking into my window I watch
Spies they're watching us tonight...
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 2 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 2 2008, 01:57 PM)

Interesting found. Hey you make a terrific detective girl! biggrin.gif

It really might be our Jas, especially as he mentions the film "Day the Earth Stood Still" in that review, which i know he likes. He's into that old Sci-Fi genre.

Really? You think so? Awwwww blush.gif
Nik the SPY!

Thanks Hun! Praise from you is praise indeed! cool.gif

QUOTE(Gina @ Nov 2 2008, 05:41 PM)

you have truth very much...

Yeah it is- sister! biggrin.gif
Someone should say the truth!

--------------------
Gina
post Nov 2 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 2 2008, 05:49 PM)

Really? You think so? Awwwww blush.gif
Nik the SPY!

Thanks Hun! Praise from you is praise indeed! cool.gif
Yeah it is- sister! biggrin.gif
Someone should say the truth!

laugh.gif

--------------------
Spies looking into my window I watch
Spies they're watching us tonight...
saintkitten
post Nov 2 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Nov 2 2008, 04:51 PM)

For instance, I didn't make any "omg i love you i'm the biggest fan.." crap.
I shortly talked about my cover, mentioned how interesting is the possibility of talking to real him and thanked for making the world more bearable for us smile.gif
If this bores him, well he can censored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gif!!!!

--------------------
raspberryman
post Nov 2 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

That's cool. I think we should definitely send him a copy of this tribute album if it ever gets finished. smile.gif

--------------------

saintkitten
post Nov 3 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Nov 2 2008, 09:34 PM)

That's cool. I think we should definitely send him a copy of this tribute album if it ever gets finished. smile.gif

I just hope it will!

--------------------
The Sword of Faith
post Nov 3 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

To be honest, I'm afraid to do anything, because I'm almost sure he's going to cut himself off as soon as he receives more than one message :-). He knows where to find us and he's made his choice.

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
rydo
post Nov 4 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Does no one remember when we all contacted him when he opened his Immortal Records website? He fucked off. Sent a message to us via Wikipedia saying "We're a business. Not a fan site." and removed his link.

He doesnt want to communicate with us so I've given up on trying to get in touch with him.
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 4 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rydo @ Nov 4 2008, 07:45 AM)

Does no one remember when we all contacted him when he opened his Immortal Records website? He fucked off. Sent a message to us via Wikipedia saying "We're a business. Not a fan site." and removed his link.

He doesnt want to communicate with us so I've given up on trying to get in touch with him.

It actually makes me sad.gif I found that contact information. If it's just going to mean everyone here ends up dissappointed. unsure.gif He seems to be turning out to be not the person I thought...

--------------------
saintkitten
post Nov 4 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rydo @ Nov 4 2008, 07:45 AM)

wow, is it the reason that immortal features has shutted down?
he's an ass.

--------------------
The Sword of Faith
post Nov 4 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(saintkitten @ Nov 4 2008, 07:26 PM)

wow, is it the reason that immortal features has shutted down?
he's an ass.

Not exactly. He removed the link from Wiki, but it's not 100% sure why the page ceased to exist.

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
accadia
post Nov 4 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(The Sword of Faith @ Nov 4 2008, 06:13 PM)

Not exactly. He removed the link from Wiki, but it's not 100% sure why the page ceased to exist.

I'm going to email the guy who did the Immortal Features website and try and find out why it's no longer online.

--------------------
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 5 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(accadia @ Nov 4 2008, 10:05 PM)

I'm going to email the guy who did the Immortal Features website and try and find out why it's no longer online.

Alright, thanks. Hopefully we'll find out then what actually happend.
andrew
post Nov 5 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 5 2008, 12:36 PM)

Alright, thanks. Hopefully we'll find out then what actually happend.

Maybe Jas is like Jim Morrison and as morrison looked at himself as a poet over a musician Jas now wants to look at himself as a director over a musician. He wants Babylon Zoo deep and bueried and wants to be better known for making hit movies. Maybe hes trying to start a honest film business from scratch and you all writing things on his immortal features and contacting him angerd him because he saw it as grafiti and making his page look less proffesional and preventing him from shaking the babylonzoo immage infact hindering his progress. Though I personally belive Jas has no money now. I dont think he looks at this and I dont belive he will ever contact us agen. I dont belive it was him that did in the firstplace as for marchistatic that is the only thing making me belive it was him. Though it could have been a person trying to copy Jas that made them. A awfull lot of effort but some people have a awfull lot of time. Im not bitter about any of this and im not saying this to hinder your faith or put you down its not a stab at anyone just my oppinion of the situation. For me babylonzoo is the past. its still there though and 2 albums that were good, video footage, sandkings e..t.c. When I first started going on the forum babylonzoo was a memory and I relived that memory from my youth I remember the tape I had and i played over and over. Now I have 2 cd's, sandkings, marchistatic, videos. The main reason I originally joined the forum was to find a video of spaceman then I got more incolved and achived much more and conversation with people of similar interest. I think we should focus on the past and uncovering new things and less on waiting for new things to appear. If jas has not made another album, has not contacted us thats because he doesent want to and no amount of chasing will make him turnround and do so. You wont force a album out of him. He's have to be blind to have not seen our messages. that means he DEFINATELY has not responded to our messages that means its out of choice so sending him more will not motivate someone that wants no contact with us.
raspberryman
post Nov 5 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Well said Andrew. smile.gif

--------------------

3 Pages   1 2 3 >