IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

3 Pages  < 1 2 3 >  
> Perhaps contact info..., ooooh I'd like to see what people are going to say!
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 5 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 675

QUOTE(andrew @ Nov 5 2008, 04:53 PM)

Maybe Jas is like Jim Morrison and as morrison looked at himself as a poet over a musician Jas now wants to look at himself as a director over a musician. He wants Babylon Zoo deep and bueried and wants to be better known for making hit movies. Maybe hes trying to start a honest film business from scratch and you all writing things on his immortal features and contacting him angerd him because he saw it as grafiti and making his page look less proffesional and preventing him from shaking the babylonzoo immage infact hindering his progress. Though I personally belive Jas has no money now. I dont think he looks at this and I dont belive he will ever contact us agen. I dont belive it was him that did in the firstplace as for marchistatic that is the only thing making me belive it was him. Though it could have been a person trying to copy Jas that made them. A awfull lot of effort but some people have a awfull lot of time. Im not bitter about any of this and im not saying this to hinder your faith or put you down its not a stab at anyone just my oppinion of the situation. For me babylonzoo is the past. its still there though and 2 albums that were good, video footage, sandkings e..t.c. When I first started going on the forum babylonzoo was a memory and I relived that memory from my youth I remember the tape I had and i played over and over. Now I have 2 cd's, sandkings, marchistatic, videos. The main reason I originally joined the forum was to find a video of spaceman then I got more incolved and achived much more and conversation with people of similar interest. I think we should focus on the past and uncovering new things and less on waiting for new things to appear. If jas has not made another album, has not contacted us thats because he doesent want to and no amount of chasing will make him turnround and do so. You wont force a album out of him. He's have to be blind to have not seen our messages. that means he DEFINATELY has not responded to our messages that means its out of choice so sending him more will not motivate someone that wants no contact with us.

SERIOUSLY - HOW DOES ONE DE-REGISTER FROM THIS PLACE?

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
raspberryman
post Nov 5 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

sad.gif

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 5 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(andrew @ Nov 5 2008, 06:53 PM)

Maybe Jas is like Jim Morrison and as morrison looked at himself as a poet over a musician Jas now wants to look at himself as a director over a musician. He wants Babylon Zoo deep and bueried and wants to be better known for making hit movies. Maybe hes trying to start a honest film business from scratch and you all writing things on his immortal features and contacting him angerd him because he saw it as grafiti and making his page look less proffesional and preventing him from shaking the babylonzoo immage infact hindering his progress. Though I personally belive Jas has no money now. I dont think he looks at this and I dont belive he will ever contact us agen. I dont belive it was him that did in the firstplace as for marchistatic that is the only thing making me belive it was him. Though it could have been a person trying to copy Jas that made them. A awfull lot of effort but some people have a awfull lot of time. Im not bitter about any of this and im not saying this to hinder your faith or put you down its not a stab at anyone just my oppinion of the situation. For me babylonzoo is the past. its still there though and 2 albums that were good, video footage, sandkings e..t.c. When I first started going on the forum babylonzoo was a memory and I relived that memory from my youth I remember the tape I had and i played over and over. Now I have 2 cd's, sandkings, marchistatic, videos. The main reason I originally joined the forum was to find a video of spaceman then I got more incolved and achived much more and conversation with people of similar interest. I think we should focus on the past and uncovering new things and less on waiting for new things to appear. If jas has not made another album, has not contacted us thats because he doesent want to and no amount of chasing will make him turnround and do so. You wont force a album out of him. He's have to be blind to have not seen our messages. that means he DEFINATELY has not responded to our messages that means its out of choice so sending him more will not motivate someone that wants no contact with us.

Well if that's what you think.
I don't share this opinion.

I don't care if he comes back as Babylon Zoo or not. Of course that would be nice, but he might do some more Mariachi Static stuff or other kind of music in the future.
Films and music always go hand in hand. He also likes to draw. So one way or another there will be something he comes up with.
I'm interested in for the person he is not just because of BZ. Of course for people like me who really like Jas the person, we want to know how he is and what he's doing.

And that the Hub Records thing was fake and him having no money, i personally think that's bullocks.
Yes probably it wasn't very clever and nice of us to bascially steal (someone found a link, downloaded the songs and then put them up on another Website) the Mariachi Static songs on his Website, which might have something to do with his dissapearence.

Maybe that made him angry or it buggered everything up and he couldn't do what he planned after that because of costs (too much Bandwidth? from dowloading on his site).
Could be i don't know.
I'm very sorry if that was our (Fans) fault.
I'm sure no one expected it could turn against us.
Don't know how other people think.

If that's the case, you know that would be one thing i'd like to talk with Jas about.
Also when he sent me mails. I talked about the stuff he told me on the Forum. I shouldn't have, it was confidential i was stupid. It wasn't anything to personal or so but the reply was ment to be for me only seing as i asked him the questions. I was so excited about news/info that i wanted to share everything with others. I'd like to appologise to him for that. Maybe we broke his trust. And he had enough of us.
But unless someone gets to talk to him we never know. Right?

saintkitten
post Nov 5 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 679

he can't be trying to bury his babylon zoo past, since he worked his ass off to stay on screen. he was unlucky and underappreciated, so despite everything he did, most of the world has forgotten him.
and he just couldn't handle being forgotten after his attitudes like "I'm god and this god won't be an one hit wonder." but he did.
I believe he finally accepted it and gave up.
not that I ever wanted these to happen, I think this is it.

--------------------
andrew
post Nov 5 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 5 2008, 08:09 PM)

Well if that's what you think.
I don't share this opinion.

I don't care if he comes back as Babylon Zoo or not. Of course that would be nice, but he might do some more Mariachi Static stuff or other kind of music in the future.
Films and music always go hand in hand. He also likes to draw. So one way or another there will be something he comes up with.
I'm interested in for the person he is not just because of BZ. Of course for people like me who really like Jas the person, we want to know how he is and what he's doing.

And that the Hub Records thing was fake and him having no money, i personally think that's bullocks.
Yes probably it wasn't very clever and nice of us to bascially steal (someone found a link, downloaded the songs and then put them up on another Website) the Mariachi Static songs on his Website, which might have something to do with his dissapearence.

Maybe that made him angry or it buggered everything up and he couldn't do what he planned after that because of costs (too much Bandwidth? from dowloading on his site).
Could be i don't know.
I'm very sorry if that was our (Fans) fault.
I'm sure no one expected it could turn against us.
Don't know how other people think.

If that's the case, you know that would be one thing i'd like to talk with Jas about.
Also when he sent me mails. I talked about the stuff he told me on the Forum. I shouldn't have, it was confidential i was stupid. It wasn't anything to personal or so but the reply was ment to be for me only seing as i asked him the questions. I was so excited about news/info that i wanted to share everything with others. I'd like to appologise to him for that. Maybe we broke his trust. And he had enough of us.
But unless someone gets to talk to him we never know. Right?

I dont know, I still stick with my oppinion it was not intended to be offensive or challanging to anyone its just how I percive the situation. maybe it would be interesting to see how everyone feels and they can post it on here but its certainly how I read the situation
accadia
post Nov 6 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 5 2008, 08:09 PM)

Exactly how I feel.
Andrew says we should 'focus on the past' and I think Babylon Zoo probably is a thing of the past, but there's no reason that I can see why Jas can't continue being creative, even if he has no money.
DON'T GIVE UP HOPE TIL WE HEAR WORD FROM THE MANN!

--------------------
quiet rob
post Nov 6 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 678

I'll admit to being rather stupid on here in the past but jeez calm down. Andrew was only expressing his opinion and was certainly not out to offend anyone.

BZ certainly attracted the drama queens didn't it! *whistles innocently*
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 6 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(accadia @ Nov 6 2008, 02:09 AM)

Exactly how I feel.
Andrew says we should 'focus on the past' and I think Babylon Zoo probably is a thing of the past, but there's no reason that I can see why Jas can't continue being creative, even if he has no money.

Yep. That's right. smile.gif
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 6 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(quiet rob @ Nov 6 2008, 08:28 AM)

I'll admit to being rather stupid on here in the past but jeez calm down. Andrew was only expressing his opinion and was certainly not out to offend anyone.

BZ certainly attracted the drama queens didn't it! *whistles innocently*

I'm sorry Rob- but it's totally crap making comments about other people,it just shows that you have no class/ or little command of the english language if by now at your age you haven't learned how/can't GENERALIIZE-so people don't feel targeted, I actually thought the forum was a much more friendly place until you and your little mate rydo started trying to fuc* up all the recent good news with PESSIMISTIC views.

GET OVER IT ROB SOME PEOPLE ARE HAPPY, SOME PEOPLE LOVE JAS-SOME PEOPLE PREFER HIM TO THE SANDKINGS, SOME OF US MAY BE DRAMA QUEENS- BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE IN MUSIC.

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
saintkitten
post Nov 6 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 679

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 6 2008, 03:28 PM)

I'm sorry Rob- but it's totally crap making comments about other people,it just shows that you have no class/ or little command of the english language if by now at your age you haven't learned how/can't GENERALIIZE-so people don't feel targeted, I actually thought the forum was a much more friendly place until you and your little mate rydo started trying to fuc* up all the recent good news with pessisimistic views.

GET OVER IT ROB PEOPLE ARE HAPPY, PEOPLE LOVE JAS- PEOPLE PREFER HIM TO THE SANDKINGS, WE MAY BE DRAMA QUEENS- BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE IN MUSIC.

you go, girl!

--------------------
raspberryman
post Nov 6 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Jeez! Calm down people. I don't think Rob or anyone else have made any particularly personal attacks and I am sympathetic to both viewpoints.
Accadia and Lord-Shiva are right to be quietly optimistic, and I think Rob kind of shares that view too but it's good to put things in a realistic perspective.
Also, the "generalise" argument doesn't work if you then say "people are happy" and "people prefer Jas to the Sandkings", because I'm not sure that that is the case for all people...
Sorry to nitpick, I just don't want to see people falling out over something which to me seems to be people quibbling over the same thing.
We could have a holy war going on here, with Jas as the deity....

Let's celebrate the past and be optimistic about the future but not get our hopes up too much, eh?

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 6 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE(raspberryman @ Nov 6 2008, 05:00 PM)

Jeez! Calm down people. I don't think Rob or anyone else have made any particularly personal attacks and I am sympathetic to both viewpoints.
Accadia and Lord-Shiva are right to be quietly optimistic, and I think Rob kind of shares that view too but it's good to put things in a realistic perspective.
Also, the "generalise" argument doesn't work if you then say "people are happy" and "people prefer Jas to the Sandkings", because I'm not sure that that is the case for all people...
Sorry to nitpick, I just don't want to see people falling out over something which to me seems to be people quibbling over the same thing.
We could have a holy war going on here, with Jas as the deity....

Let's celebrate the past and be optimistic about the future but not get our hopes up too much, eh?

I'm sorry Rob- but it's totally crap making comments about other people,it just shows that you have no class/ or little command of the english language if by now at your age you haven't learned how/can't GENERALIIZE-so people don't feel targeted, I actually thought the forum was a much more friendly place until you and your little mate rydo started trying to fuc* up all the recent good news with PESSIMISTIC views.

GET OVER IT ROB SOME PEOPLE ARE HAPPY, SOME PEOPLE LOVE JAS-SOME PEOPLE PREFER HIM TO THE SANDKINGS, SOME OF US MAY BE DRAMA QUEENS- BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE IN MUSIC.

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 6 2008, 10:14 AM)

Yep. That's right. smile.gif

Yep and proud of it, am staying here don't want to loose touch with you hug.gif

Seriously-no wonder he was ticked off after someone broke into Mariachi Static Site and basically took his work, whoever it was I hope you're proud! Now we may never know what he thinks etc...
Thanks for telling me that chica it explains a lot. sad.gif

It's totally rubbish here the way *some* people say stuff about other members?,
What's that about? laugh.gif

"IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE-DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL" shutup.gif

*Words to live by*

QUOTE(accadia @ Nov 6 2008, 12:09 AM)

Exactly how I feel.

I totally agree with this sentiment, you always know what to say,thanks girl!

--------------------
bringbackbzoo
post Nov 6 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE(saintkitten @ Nov 6 2008, 04:11 PM)

you go, girl!

Thanks blush.gif
I just hate feeling targeted by someone I don't know, It'd be different if you/Chistine/Accadia/Raspberryman/Gina/Amanda had something to say to me, we've developed dialogue here the past few weeks. I feel like we're all mates. But to have someone I've never had anything to do with before just to randomly post here and call the females here (which obviously includes me) DRAMA QUEENS! That's just too much to take biggrin.gif ,especially since I've tried really hard to find a way (IMDB) to re-establish contact with Jas,because that's what some people want/need at the moment. cool.gif Not everyone got to ask him a question in 2004 on the online questionairre. It's totally beyond the way I was brought up anyway to just off the bat make personal comments about others in a public forum. It's very low class behaviour and really brings down the excellent members of this forum who are here chat and have fun and be creative.

Off to New York will find out about HUB/New Atlantis address,
X

--------------------
quiet rob
post Nov 6 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 678

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 6 2008, 06:37 PM)

Well you took that the complete wrong way... :-(

I wasn't out to have a go at you. I did admited to being an idiot on here in the past. I've over reacted in the past too and you reminded me of myself with the whole wanting to un-register from the site. It wasn't worth it when I did that. I realised that and I came back. The whole "drama queens" thing was meant to be taken as a self deprecating comment since I wholly admit to being one!

I think you should let people say what they think on this forum, it's healthy for a group of people to have differing views. Imagine a world where everyone had the EXACT same viewpoint on everything! Boring no? So come on guys if someone has an opinion you don't agree with, remember one thing... IT'S AN OPINION! There's no need to get offended by it.

Sure one or two of us may have a less exciting opinion on whats happenning in camp Jas. But that doean't mean we're not hoping for new music or movies coming from the man himself.

So come on let's not be argueing over something as trivial as a pop star!
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 6 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bringbackbzoo @ Nov 6 2008, 08:37 PM)

Seriously-no wonder he was ticked off after someone broke into Mariachi Static Site and basically took his work, whoever it was I hope you're proud! Now we may never know what he thinks etc...
Thanks for telling me that chica it explains a lot. sad.gif

It's totally rubbish here the way *some* people say stuff about other members?,
What's that about? laugh.gif

"IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE-DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL" shutup.gif

*Words to live by*
I totally agree with this sentiment, you always know what to say,thanks girl!

Yeah i can't even remember anymore who got the link to the songs from the Website.

It has a negative and positive site to it. Without that happening we might have not had the chance of getting the full songs and own it as mp3s now.

But on the other hand maybe we should have waited and would have been able to listen to the complete versions plus more songs.

It was a risky thing to do and maybe we all payed the ultimate price for it.

I think many of us were partly to blame for that (me included) not just the person who done it in the first place. Everyone was happy and thankful for the songs but we did fear it might have some effect if we are really honest with ourselfs.
Afterall we've got the songs don't we? So everyone of us is a part of this puzzle.

But i also believe most of us would have bought them anyway if there was a chance.
Itunes or whatever there is out there. It just wasn't aviable.
And i certainly would have been and still am interested in an Album, might it be BZ or Mariachi Static, online or in a record store.

The Sword of Faith
post Nov 7 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 6 2008, 10:39 PM)

But on the other hand maybe we should have waited and would have been able to listen to the complete versions plus more songs.

It was a risky thing to do and maybe we all payed the ultimate price for it.

To make things clear from the technical point of view: as far as I remember, no one has BROKEN into the site to steal those mp3's. You have to see the difference between breaking into a site/server (which is illegal) and browsing through the source code of the site just to see the links where the songs were coming from (not illegal, since the source code of the page is publicly available and everyone can see it if they want to). There are lots of ways to prevent people from downloading your stuff from the page, but none of those measures were taken, so I assume he didn't really care about us downloading them (in addition, taking under consideration the kbits/sec quality of those files...).

Besides, what's the difference if we've listened to those mp3's through Winamp or his own built-in player?! The same bandwidth is used (song has to be downloaded to your temporary files in order to be played and listened to), probably even less if we downloaded them once and listened to them without using his page.

That's only concerning the "breaking into his site and stealing his songs" part, I'm not engaging into the main discussion right now.

--------------------
"The time will come when not one stone will be left on another..."
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 7 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The Sword of Faith @ Nov 7 2008, 12:26 PM)

To make things clear from the technical point of view: as far as I remember, no one has BROKEN into the site to steal those mp3's. You have to see the difference between breaking into a site/server (which is illegal) and browsing through the source code of the site just to see the links where the songs were coming from (not illegal, since the source code of the page is publicly available and everyone can see it if they want to). There are lots of ways to prevent people from downloading your stuff from the page, but none of those measures were taken, so I assume he didn't really care about us downloading them (in addition, taking under consideration the kbits/sec quality of those files...).

Besides, what's the difference if we've listened to those mp3's through Winamp or his own built-in player?! The same bandwidth is used (song has to be downloaded to your temporary files in order to be played and listened to), probably even less if we downloaded them once and listened to them without using his page.

That's only concerning the "breaking into his site and stealing his songs" part, I'm not engaging into the main discussion right now.

Hmm alright. I'm not an expert in technial stuff.
Thanks for explaining everything. I'm naturally a worrier, i thought it might have something to do with it and then he got pissed off with us.
But maybe you're right and it wasn't the reason after all.

I just know a few other musicians who get really angry when they find their stuff somewhere else (filesharing programmes for example, or other Websites), before they are finished with an Album. Even when they have their songs on sites like Myspace. They prefer you to buy the Album when it's done.
The Sword of Faith
post Nov 7 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 7 2008, 02:39 PM)

Hmm alright. I'm not an expert in technial stuff.
Thanks for explaining everything. I'm naturally a worrier, i thought it might have something to do with it and then he got pissed off with us.
But maybe you're right and it wasn't the reason after all.

I just know a few other musicians who get really angry when they find their stuff somewhere else (filesharing programmes for example, or other Websites), before they are finished with an Album. Even when they have their songs on sites like Myspace. They prefer you to buy the Album when it's done.

Still, I'm not 100% sure it was not one of the reasons (everyone is different and reacts to different stuff), it's just very unlikely for me :-). And those, who put their songs on Myspace before releasing an album should be aware what may happen...that's why most of them only put short fragments or not-as-good quality files there.

--------------------
Lord-Shiva
post Nov 8 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The Sword of Faith @ Nov 7 2008, 05:24 PM)

Still, I'm not 100% sure it was not one of the reasons (everyone is different and reacts to different stuff), it's just very unlikely for me :-). And those, who put their songs on Myspace before releasing an album should be aware what may happen...that's why most of them only put short fragments or not-as-good quality files there.

Yeah you're probably right. I just tend to worry too much.
I asked Jas one time ago what he thinks about us sharing his music, he said it's ok.
I thought it was just referring to his old songs BZ/SK and not MS - seing as the songs weren't on CD. But maybe it's alright, 'cos they were just a rough version and not final mixes.

Thanks anyway for discussing this topic with me. It's always good to see/hear/read biggrin.gif things from another perspective.
The Sword of Faith
post Nov 8 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lord-Shiva @ Nov 8 2008, 06:09 PM)

Thanks anyway for discussing this topic with me. It's always good to see/hear/read biggrin.gif things from another perspective.

Always ready to discuss such little thingies :-).

--------------------

3 Pages  < 1 2 3 >