IPB

This is a static archive of the Babylon Zoo Forum. All content is preserved as-is.

> My Real Dilema...
Insomnia
post Jun 11 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

It's never fun to be an unbeliever, but it's in my nature. I'm often skeptical while others are happy to believe. When it comes to the internet, that can be multiplied by 100. Mark it down to bad past experiences..

So what am I digging at? Mariachi Static and the Jas Mann saga. Does anyone else still find the entire thing very odd? Why weren't there new pictures? Clips of him saying anything? Neither ever came with that project but it would have been so easy. Easy to give something so very concrete. Everything was done through a third party.

It's almost as if it was a game, which was easy to severe ties with when it became unenjoyable. Why would Jas go from having a great interest in his fanbase (the Q&A's, for example) to suddenly cutting off without a word and wanting nothing to do with it all.

Would it be too much to get a memo? "It didn't work out, moving on!" Sometimes it's just hard to believe anything beyond LLB was official.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being critical of Jas Mann. I love Babylon Zoo's music and listened to it very regularly in my teenage years. I also don't feel owed anything for keeping this website running. It's a hobby, and I enjoy it, or I simply wouldn't do it.

It's just that it's all so... bizarre.

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online
bringbackbzoo
post Jun 11 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 675

Insomnia,

I understand what you are saying,I've only been here post Mariachi Static saga,but some people have been here for years, and it's all a bit too much sometimes to think that someone who became so important to us is never coming back. I even feel the loss at this newbie stage in the forum.

I am inclined to think that CCD was not released to anyone because it was music that was made to get over something emotional, and it served it's purpose for the maker. Like a musical diary or something... If you look at the most recent picture of Jas from Immortal Features, he looks so sad, it's clear he went through something horrific in his own life. I am unclear as to what, but it must have been big to take away the usual vibrant essence he displayed through the camera lens (in every single other photo).

He doesn't want any contact, I found his IMDB email, He last logged in Sat Nov 11th 2008, I found the address on the 12th, posted that I found a way to contact him here, people were overjoyed, (He obviously reads the forum) and has never logged into his IMDB email since. I think he's sending a non-verbal message! rolleyes.gif

The only other recentish thing that I definately know was posted by him (in 2000) was an Amazon listmania list called "Best Albums Ever in No Particular Order". He listed his qualification as "Just Jas" and the flagrant use of his all time favourite word CRAP when referring to Slipknot in the commentary makes me know that it was definatley Jas who made that list.

The Mariachi Static phase still puzzles me exceedingly, the music was obviously great, he can still churn out some wicked ass lyrics. I am sure from the answers to the Q + A session that it was him. No doubts 100%.

Then he disappears,pops up again with the whole film business, hates being linked to Babylon Zoo,which is actually the reson people love him. Doesn't want anything to do with music fans...that's one thing that's clear.

He's obviously intelligent, so the fact that the numbers of people like us who will support whatever he does are small, maybe he just doesn't bother anymore, or maybe he's got a new focus other than work, like his family, a girlfriend, a wife, a child, who knows really...

It's a shame he doesn't make music anymore, I really feel like some of the lyrics he wrote are the capsule theme lines for my life, teen and present. I miss the hope I used to have that one day I'd hear new music from him, like that idea that someone you don't really know that well can encapsulate your daily struggle in such a powerful way is a rare enough connection to have to someone, it's shit it's like I lost my musical siamese twin or something...

But it's over grover,it truly is, but I'll never stop loving all the old music, and I definatley don't feel owed anything, I'm just thankful he gave us what he did before he decided there was nothing left to give...

--------------------
"Today I sleep in a chair by the window....it felt as if you'd returned. I thought that you were standing over me...when I woke there was no one there... I STILL love you BOY FROM MARS"
raspberryman
post Jun 12 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

Great posts, guys. J'ai agree.

--------------------
"tell all your friends you're an angel"

Parasite Information: http://www.parasiteofficial.co.uk
Parasite MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/parasiteofficial
andrew
post Jun 12 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Insomnia @ Jun 11 2009, 10:02 PM)

It's never fun to be an unbeliever, but it's in my nature. I'm often skeptical while others are happy to believe. When it comes to the internet, that can be multiplied by 100. Mark it down to bad past experiences..

So what am I digging at? Mariachi Static and the Jas Mann saga. Does anyone else still find the entire thing very odd? Why weren't there new pictures? Clips of him saying anything? Neither ever came with that project but it would have been so easy. Easy to give something so very concrete. Everything was done through a third party.

It's almost as if it was a game, which was easy to severe ties with when it became unenjoyable. Why would Jas go from having a great interest in his fanbase (the Q&A's, for example) to suddenly cutting off without a word and wanting nothing to do with it all.

Would it be too much to get a memo? "It didn't work out, moving on!" Sometimes it's just hard to believe anything beyond LLB was official.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being critical of Jas Mann. I love Babylon Zoo's music and listened to it very regularly in my teenage years. I also don't feel owed anything for keeping this website running. It's a hobby, and I enjoy it, or I simply wouldn't do it.

It's just that it's all so... bizarre.

its easy to impersonate a stars voice. i dont belive it was jas. i belive it was someone pretending. jas would have supplied more pics better info.
Insomnia
post Jun 12 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 707

I think you make some fair points bringbackbzoo!

I hope he manages to find joy and happiness again in future projects, even though that means leaving the BZoo days behind. smile.gif

--------------------
Insomnia

Adminstrator
Babylon Zoo Online